Hello! I run marathons and for the past few months I've had ongoing shin pain on the same shin. In late March, maybe early April I had an MRI done for the same shin (however it is much more painful this time) and was clear. Just some irritation to the bone before and swelling. So I took a few weeks off... Then..

I ran my 3rd full marathon about 2 weeks ago...I didn't train properly due to on and off injuries in my shin that hurts now, but did a run/walk split for the full, and finished in 5.5 hours. I felt no pain the day of or the day after the race. I did my first run 3 days later, just 3 miles. I did 2 more easy, short runs that week. I wasn't sore or in pain at all til this week.

I only run 4-6 miles when I am not training for anything, so that's the distance I've been doing lately. This time around, I've been experiencing pain towards the VERY inner lower part of my shin. It's just above the inner part of my ankle, almost. Usually stops me when I'm running and I'm forced to walk, but walking is a little more painful so I limp, and run again when I feel slightly better. The painful part of my shin is about 3-4 inches, but feels like a "deeper" type of pain. Like I have to dig under some muscle to hit the spot, but once I hit it, it's excruciating, and it's a burning type of pain. It hurts pretty bad to hop on one foot...and is more of a radiating pain when I hop or jog up the stairs. I'm also having calf pain on the inner part.

I don't know if I can afford to go back to the doctors, I just had an MRI done in mid march...But if it's bad enough, I may have no choice.

Ideas
?

That can be cause of some injury or puller muscle,If you are already in marathon i guess i don't really need to give you any kinda tip lol.
I would suggest you to walk for a few days rather than running i guess that can help you for that.

Any comments?