I took raniitidine effervescent tablets few times because had symptoms of sore stomach. I use to take it in the morning, only once a day. It seemed to me like there was no such significant relief. Are there any recommendations about taking tablets with or without food, before meal? Are effervescent tablets strong enough to treat sore stomach? My symptoms are usually mild, so I thought that could have this OTC.

It is the best to take tablet 30-60 minutes before meal, and it can be taken twice a day. Effervescent tablet should be dissolved in full glass of water before drinking. Ranitidine is very helpful in treating heartburn, acid indigestion and sore stomach. It partially blocks production of stomach acid, and is usually effective, especially when symptoms are mild. Effervescent tablets are as strong as any other form, if contain the same amount of drug.