Good day everyone. I have this problem with heartburn, obviously. I have heard that this is nothing that dangerous and that generally, everyone has it, etc but I really hate when someone tells me - it is OK, you are not the only one who is dealing with it.  Let me tell you something about me. I am pretty young (young to have problems like this, I think), I am 34 years old and I have to say that I have some extra pounds for a long time. I know that I need to lose weight and that those pounds may cause problems for me.  Can they? Anyway, I really want to know do you know how to get a quick relief from heartburn? What are your diet recommendations for me? Let me know your opinion. TNX!

Hi there. It doesn't matter how old are you, this can happen to anyone who is going through some life period. It doesn't have to be anything serious, generally, heartburn is nothing that scary. Sure, it is pretty nasty when you are in pain. Sure, there are some diet recommendations and you need to know what to avoid. For example, you need to avoid alcohol, chocolate, coffee, onions, oranges, lemons, peppermint, bubble drinks, etc. Those all are the things that can make your condition worse. Try to avoid one by one, because this is the best way to see what fits you and what is not good. 

You really should learn first how to eat your meals. You have breakfast, lunch, dinner, some other meals, and you think that if you eat it quick it will have some effect. Well, it won't. Why am I saying that you need to learn how to eat. Because big meals can also set off heartburn. So, instead of eating three big meals a day, every single day, you should try to eat several small meals throughout the day. Smaller means are much easier for your stomach to accept it. So, consider some diet program and consider to learn how to eat. Good luck !

Celebrity

There are so many other things that you can find helpful. Besides the diet program, of course. Anyway, if you are overweight, you should lose your weight because it definitely can bother you. Also, you should really wear loose clothes, because tight clothes that press your stomach can trigger the heartburn. I know that we all do look much better in tight clothes, but it is not always that good if you know what I mean. Also, cigarets can be the reason for your heartburn. There are so many tips that actually can be helpful, it is not always about the medication. 

Good day. If I can join this conversation because I am someone who had problems with it and I find out that medication is not always the cure for those problems. I know. The only thing that actually helped me and the one thing that helped me is acid reflux diet. I am drinking soda before every meal as well.  But here are some more tips. For example, you really should eat a very light dinner and you should avoid some foods that are not good for your stomach. In my case, all those dairy products are bad. Also, when you are eating, you should not lie down for at least two hours. You should walk, do some job, etc. 

OMG guys, you are really amazing! The biggest problem of mine was because I never could imagine that those things can help me in dealing with this issue. Soda? SODA? Really? This can help me in this? I would never imagine this lol :) So, what is the deal with soda, what I should do, how to consume it etc? I will try to eat as you told me because I think that I already have in my mind some things that might bother me and my stomach, so it is worth of trying, right? Also, I know that this is a little bit silly question, but I really should know - when I can expect some results? I am not saying that they should happen fast, just I am curious.

Yes, soda is really magical. We are always ready to give so much money on some medications before trying something that we have in our houses, that is cheap but really effective. Soda is known as one of the best cures ever. If you really have heavy problems with heartburn, you should drink a glass of water mixed with soda before every meal, at least half of hour before every meal. In that case, it will be effective. You can put soda in some meals that you are cooking as well. With this, I can swear that you will be able to see results after 20 minutes. 

Yes, everyone is giving some advice, but all of you are forgetting to tell a crucial thing about this. Well, over the time, this heartburn, that you say that it is not dangerous, that it can't cause bigger trouble for you, well exactly that heartburn, the same heartburn that isn’t treated or controlled well by lifestyle changes or medicine or diet programs, may cause serious problems in the future. Some of those problems are asthma, painful inflammation, some changes in the cells that line the esophagus, called Barrett’s esophagus which can cause cancer as well, etc. Now, you see why this is very important and why you should treat this on time.

Sure, but why do I believe that everyone who asks us in here what are the cures, that they will start to use it at this moment? I mean, I would do that. It is true that everything that you don't treat can lead to some issues in the future, but if you ask what is the medication or what is the issue, as soon as you find it, you will have to take ir, am I right?  Also, calcium and magnesium can help you fight this, so you can try to take it or you can try to find the foods that are rich in it.