I had my galbladder removed five weeks ago. T wo bweeks after I had a swelling on the left side of my cheek which quickly spread to my lips and in couple of hours my lips were swollen and the right cheek also swelled up. I went to hosp. emergency but the doctors could not figure out how it happened. One doctor prescribed me Prednisone. After taking this the swelling slowly went away after three days. 

To make the long story short I have had swelling twice after that. Once it started from the same side (left) across the lip. I was out of town and someone suggested I take Benadryl because it could be allergic reaction from food. In twenty four hours I felt little relief but few hours later the swelling started again and this time from the right cheek and I started taking Benadryl again and in about twelve hours or so it went down again. In last five days twice I have had my tongue swelling up. At times I am scared to eat afraid that I will get allergic reaction. Nothing like this ever happened to me before the surgery. I could eat and drink anything. Any suggestions....Thank you.        

Hi Stan,

You definitely need to follow up on this.  See your doctor or an allergist ASAP.

Thank you, I saw my doctor three days ago and I mentioned to him that I would like to get allergy test done> I am seing him again next week.