Yesterday at University, I used "chap stick original" because  had left my Vaseline (which I normally use) at home. When I used the Chap stick, my lips started to tingle and I remembered that the last time I used it, they got really red and inflamed. I then started getting a tingly feeling in my top lip and I ran to the bathroom to wash it off.

When I looked in the mirror about 5 minutes later, I noticed small bumps forming on my upper lip and the tingling got worse...About an hour later, my top lip was swollen and I went home.. I woke up this morning and my lips are still red and swollen but this time, the small bumps are gone and it feels as if there is a sort of rough skin on my upper lip.

The last time this happened, it lasted for about 4 days and it only got worse from day 1. They start to weep and get really crusty around the edges and it even spreads onto my chin! 

This is really bad and I really need to know what to treat it with! Is there ANYONE out there who may know how to treat this fast? I think I am allergic to the Chap Stick because it only started happening AFTER I had used it on my lips. 

I'm asking ANYONE if they know how to treat it.

Thank you,
Rheece.

This happened to me too but it started when I used some new lip gloss. I've never been allergic to cosemetics before and I've tried several new things w/ no problems. That was over a year ago. Since then, this has recurred several more times and I'm finding out what I've been going through could be more than an allergic reaction. See this disscussion that I stumbled on today.  https://www.steadyhealth.com/Recurring_Lip_Infection__not_just_chapped_but_worse_t196437.html If it has cleared by now, stay aware of the triggers that cause it to happen if it does happen again. You can always let it clear up and try chapstick again to find out if it causes the same reaction to know for sure you're allergic to it. The first time it happened to me, I had the itching all around my lower face but now it doesn't cause the itching/rash like it did the first time but still has the sore swollen crusty lip and now it's only my upper lip. Benadryl should help you quickly if it's truley just an allergic reaction and nothing more.  

well hi if u wannna no how to get of crusty lip first put valsiline on then get a steaming hot rag and lay on your lips for about 2 mins then wipe off put lotion on your lips then valsiline * dont sleep with mouth open