Due to cold weather, my lips have become dry, so I use chapstick. In spite of using chapstick I developed something that looks like allergy. I can’t go out looking like that. I don’t know what to do now. Is it possible that I suddenly became allergic to chapstick?

My advice to you is instead of chapstick try applying a lip balm or Vaseline. I don’t know but I doubt that you are allergic on shapstick but I again you never know. I think you should see a doctor for that allergy or stop using chapstick and see what will happen. You could apply cold cream on your lips at night, before going to sleep because if you keep applying chapstick, your lips tend to feel even drier as the chapstick wears off.

it's definitely an allergic reaction to chapstick. My best bet is to discontinue using any chapstick brand and get burts bee wax lip balm or something else that can work for you. I too am allergic to any chapstick brand because, sometimes my lips get red and itchy, and no its not herpes! I've been to the dermatologist, and she told me that I am allergic to some chemicals that are in the chapstick, sometimes you may react to it and sometimes you wont. I recommend you discontinue using chapstick brand. Even though I like using it, I'm going to start using some other brand lip balm.

I too am allergic to chapstick. I used to use it all the time and all of a sudden I started getting extremely itchy and red all over my lips. I had a lot of trouble pinpointing the cause since I have used chapstick all my life. I went to 3 different dermatologists to try and figure it out and was put on many different cortisone creams. Eventually I found Aquafor is the only thing that works for me. I have been using only aquafor for almost 2 years now and haven't had a problem.

I'm allergic to chapstick, too. I bought Burt's Bees today and someone told me all the ingredients are natural, so would I still be allergic? Are any of you allergic to Burt's Bees? Everyone else I know loves Burt's Bees.

burts bees is the only chapstick I am allergic to. I believe it is the peppermint oil.

I just found out I'm allergic to chapstick. I've been using chapstick all my life, and about a year ago my lips started to get itchy and a bit red, at first I thought it was a cold sore, but it wouldn't go away. A few months ago I ran out of chapstick at work and my friend gave me this Aquafina brand lip balm that I used for about a month, and it went away. When I ran out I bought some chapstick and the outbreak happened again, so I trashed it and went back to Aquafina lip balm. Never thought I'd develop an allergy off of something I've used since I was a child.

I am only allergic to Burt's Bees. I get red, itchy bumps on my lips! I used it once a long time ago and the same thing happened. I thought maybe it was old or something. Apparently not. A friend just gave me a brand new one so I thought I would give it a try again and sure enough... red itchy bumps!

This happens to me randomly too and it's not just Chapstick the brand. I had a bad reaction to the Nieva moisturizing chapstick (the one with thedark blue cap) last night. I've been using this stuff for a while now but it's not only when I use this product, sometimes it happens with lip gloss too. I'm not sure what to do at this point as I love lip products! I am going to seek out an allergist but was hoping there is an easy solution??

I love Softlips chapstick and have used it for years! All of a sudden a few weeks ago, my lips started burning, were peeling, itchy, and blotchy red. I finally realized that it might be Softlips, so I started using petroleum jelly. It started to clear up and my lips felt pretty good until I accidentally grabbed a Softips and applied it at bedtime. Sure enough, my lips broke out again in a rash. That was a few days ago, and my lips are still broken out. I'm using petroleum jelly but might try some of these medicated chapsticks that others have recommended.

Try using Aquaphor....this is great and causes no reaction. Vaseline is good but Aquaphor is a bit thicker and lasts longer. it seems to be the "inactive" ingrediants that are causing the problem. If it is an SPF it is worse. Ice wrapped in a little paper towel will take the sting and swelling out. Clinique lip products have the least allergy reactions, too.

What if your reaction is to vaseline? I have tried everything since my reaction to vaseline even just plain oil. I am living on antihistamines!! My lips burn all the time and putting on any sort of lubricant just ends the same way. Has any one ever had this, I am suffering so much

I can’t use Burt’s: lanolin is my irritant and even bees wax after too many days of use. Have to rotate what I use or lips wrinkle and peel.