I have had a problem with my lips for about one year now. I have gotten a blood test and a urine test confirming that nothing is wrong with me, but my lips tell me otherwise. My lips tend to break out by getting really red and swollen, then it'll get really chapped. I went to Europe for a month and I never had a problem with it there. As soon as I got back to Texas my lips started freaking out again. I don't get any blisters or sores. They just get extremely red, swell up, then get extremely chapped. I've tried everything from vaseline to hydrocortisone to neosporin. I need help!

You have mild symptoms of a systemic allergic reaction. You may want to consult an allergy specialist to identify the allergens responsible.

Hi! I am having the same exact problem!! I have extremely chapped, red, swollen, sensitive lips. This started almost 3 months ago. I woke up with a red lining inside my lips one day. I couldn't eat anything really salty or spicy without the inside of my lips burning, and I still can't. A couple of weeks after the red lining, I woke up in the middle of the night with extremely chapped, red, tingling, swollen lips! Went to the doctor and he said it was an allergic reaction. After about two weeks the swelling went down. Then it happened a week later. I took a benadryl and it did not help. So now I woke up two days ago with the exact same thing happening again!! Extremely chapped (so bad that they peel), red, swollen lips. I can sit here and feel my pulse in my lips as they continue to swell. The redness of my lips even come off of my lips slightly that it looks as if I have lip liner on. The insides of my lips are slightly raw and even burn when I use carmex! I have no ideal what in the world is going on! Its the craziest thing I have ever experienced.

Me too, I've done lots of research. I think mine is from a Nickel allergy caused by my cell phone! An old Blackberry. Google cell phone allergies, just announced this week by Amer. Derm. Soc. I found out 6 days ago, and already much better. Good luck.

Same problem, had it for almost 2 years.