I have extremely chapped, red, swollen, sensitive lips. This started almost 2 months ago. I woke up with a red lining inside my lips one day. I couldn't eat anything really salty or spicy without the inside of my lips burning, and I still can't. A couple of weeks after the red lining, I woke up in the middle of the night with extremely chapped, red, tingling, swollen lips! Went to the doctor and he said it was an allergic reaction. After about two weeks the swelling went down. Then it happened a week later. I took a benadryl and it did not help. So now I woke up two days ago with the exact same thing happening again!! Extremely chapped (so bad that they peel), red, swollen lips. The insides of my lips are slightly raw and even burn when I use carmex! I have no ideal what in the world is going on! Someone please HELP!! Thank you so much!!!!

Not sure why thats happening. I've had chapped lips for 21 years (I'm 26). You can try Vaseline on them. Neosporin is good too. If that doesn't help you can go with bag balm or aquaphor but it's very greasy

Wow ur symptoms match mine exactly! Red inflammed inner lips right? Comes and goes? My dermatologist said the same thing about it being an allergic reaction but zyrtec doesn't do anything. What do u remember doing before it started happening? Did u take meds? Out in the sun a lot? If u have a lead on this please let me know. As you know, this disease sucks!

My lips are exactly as ur. I used a new lip balm about 2 months ago ( baby lips) when my lips got really dry. So I stopped and used Vaseline for a day or two. Long story short my lips turned exactly like yours only they weren't as bad at that point. I figured its a allergic reaction but it's now been 3 months with no lip balm and lip products but Vaseline and now its at its worst point!. I think it may be an infection of some sort. I had enough of it, it's really itchy and burny so I'm going to the doctor. Just stop using lipgloss or anything like tht if u haven't already and go to the doctor they will probably prescribe u a mild anti biotic that may help. Finger crossed and good luck!

I have the same problem, I've had it since December of 2011. It appeared after I had new caps/crowns put in on my upper teeth. Since then I've had the teeth changed out by a different hypoallergenic dentist. I don't think it's the caps. I've been to doctors, they want to treat it like its chapped lips, and I know it's not!! Been back to the dentist, he doesn't want to deal with me, won't be going back to that place. Even went to an allergist, but didn't like her attitude. I'm at a loss. going to try a dermatologist or a neurologist. I'm getting no help at all. My mouth is tight, I cannot smile correctly, eating is painful, and even talking is annoying. I just don't know. Any help here??

I have had the same thing for a few months now. Prior to the lip problem I was treated with antibiotics for thrush, and yeast infection. That has all cleared up I think, but the lip problem is getting worse. Burns with mint, salt, and spicy. Basically anything now, hard to eat, smile etc. Hate to go back to doctor, dont want to go back on antibiotics because they contributed to the yeast infections. If y'all get any answers please post.

Hi Summer.. I had chapped lips rash on neck and under my eyes were welted and swollen Finally went to dr I was prescribed Zertec and Zantac 20mg a day after 10 days my rash cleared my lips started to peel , actually get better no tightness now after being off zantac for 3 days I wake this morning with lips chapped and burning eyes swollen and red UGH Gong back to dr Monday something about zantac with low mg takes away any infection inside your body is my guess ask your dr about this Dr did say it is an allergic reation to something

Don't take antibiotics.. it's probably a yeast infection/candida, and that will just make it worse. An antidungal is needed. I recommend eating a tbsp of coconut oil every night at least, and avoiding gluten, and an abundance of sugar, which feeds it.

I have this too. It stays for a few weeks then goes away for about a week then comes back. I went to the DR. He asked if I changed my toothpaste. Which I did. I went back to my old brand and all was well, but a week later it started all over again. The Dr and PubWeb said it be anything from a vitamin deficiency to cancer. OMG. I have used vaseline, Blisstex, medicated Chapstick and Aquaphor. They relieve the pain for a bit but then my lips get dry real fast and hurts again. They swell with a red lining around them. A friend just gave me a tube of Activz Silver gel. But it dries fast I need moisture on these lips.

I have this exact thing going on. It has been 2 months. At one point it seemed healed for about two days, and then it came right back. Ice is the only thing that gives me relief!

Did anyone find a solution? I have the same symptoms and waiting for blood tests to come back. I need the burning dry chapped feeling to go away.

I have the exact same thing .I do believe it is a yeast infection. I agree totally no antibiotic . People get yeast infections while taking them sometimes. best bet is see your dr and ask for diflucan .They usely give you two (2) pills take one (1) at night x two nights and hopefully that will clear it up ,if it would be a yeast infection .

This is the second time this year for me and it's worse than ever! This morning my upper lip started bleeding like a nose bleed. I was so surprised! It stopped but I can see that my lips are fully swollen with blood due to the color. It's hard to eat and brush my teeth! Last time I looked this up on google and it said to use Vaseline. I went to the doctor and he said I'll be right back...we'll he must've looked it up on google too because he came back in the room and said, "Vaseline!" I about croaked! I went and bought Vaseline with Cocoanut oil in it and my lips healed within a week. Both times I was in the garden for 4 1/2 hours and I thought maybe I sunburned my lips but I always keep lip balm on them. This time I had fasted for 34 hours and perhaps I dehydrated myself. Won't do that again without drinking! I put Lavender oil and Vaseline on to help with the burning, also soda and water paste to cool them down, then cucumbers and an ice pack and cold water but to no avail! Now I'm going to buy L-Lysine which is good for cold sores. It's horrible! My lips feel like a dry bush and look like little crushed up, dry leaves are stuck to them. My lips look like cow lips! I still have to go to work!

I had the same. I tried all of the ointments etc. but all the did was keep it under control. I finally realised that I was constantly re-infecting my lips with my unhygienic E- cigarette vaporizer. I started cleaning it regularly and it healed up within a few days.

I have the same feeling I get dry lips so I use Vaseline then it works for a day then they swell then peel and then are fine for a day then go through the process again the only time they are fine is when I'm on holiday abroad and going in the sea regular