:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ANYONE ALLERGIC TO CHAPSTICK...THIS IS WHAT HAPPEND TO ME...

I went to use peppermint chapstick....I put it on and the next thing you know it was burning really bad. I wiped it off quickly. The next day i had a red line on my bottom lip. A very red line. Looked as if I used a red lip liner. The next day i notice my lips where getting bumps and starting to hurt badly, then they started to swell. There was a little bit of fluid and leaking from small bumps. (cold sores) My lips where so BIG it looked a if i had fat injections. First my bottom lip was swollen and bumpy then my upper... I felt horrible and it stung really bad...SO i used cold rags to help w/ the stinging and pain and the swelling...I went and go ABREVA ( spendy $12.00-$15.00) and then some plain vasaline. I keep using that combo 2-5 x a day. It helped w/ the pain and the fever blisters/cold sores... The Abreva basically numbed my lips to where they didn't hurt as bad and to me it slowly let some of the swelling down. Today Im on day 4 and starting to feel a little better...still painfull though...Becareful of what you eat...Like salt, don't touch it to your lips..Keep the vasaline on them as much as you can due to the fact of your lips cracking. You don't want that, risk of other infections that might happen.

I also suffer from allergic reactions when I use any lotions or lip balms that contain sunscreen. What you described also happened to me. I first discovered I was allergic to products containing sunscreen over 10 years ago while traveling abroad. The only thing that helped sooth my lips was Carmex which contains a menthol/camphor combination. Over the years, I've tried different types of products that contain sunscreen, thinking that I was allergic to a specific type of sunscreen. But the result has always been the same--itchy, burning, pustules that eventually ooze and crust. I even visited an allergist, who couldn't figure out the problem. I just avoid all sunscreen now.

The same thing happens to me, and my trouble is now that I can't find a chapstick that doesn't cause this problem. I did use Herpecin L, but they upgraded to Herpecin HL and I had the reaction, again. Uggh! But, if you find yourself in those situations, have your doctor prescribe you Valtrex. It cuts your fever blister recovery in half, and its great.

I have had this same problem over the past couple of years. I don't believe that I get a fever, and my lips don't really swell, but my lips hurt and then usually have blisters and flake as well. This is what I have found to be helpful... I change the type of chapstick you use every couple of months because my lips begin to react differently after awhile. Generally stay away from anything with fragrance or flavor, as well as SPF of course. This pretty well narrows down your selection unfortunately. I found a chapstick called Gentle Sense made by Blistex and it worked really well. There is also a vaseline-like tube that you can buy, and it is called Aquaphor and made by Eucerin. It is really good for neutralizing your lips and making them feel tons better if you accidently put something you shouldn't have on them! If you can find something with shea butter I would imagine that would also work really well, I just haven't had any luck at finding it!

I went one night at work with out chapstick, so I was licking my lips a lot. Then when I got home I put on my chapstick and kept reapplying constantly. Two days later my lips were swollen and now they are getting a bunch of these tiny bumpy things on them! I'm using carmex. What should I do??

I've been applying chocolate flavored chapsticks since about eighth grade when I found that all other chapstick flavors (even plain) made my lips break out in bumps that would soon turn red and burn. I tried vaseline, hydrocortizone, abreeva, and carmex, nothing worked except switching to only mocha and chocolate flavored. A few days ago, I tried on a "hypoallergenic" lip gloss that had a "plumping effect" and a rash developed. I switched back to chocolate but it still won't go away and I think is slowly getting worse. If I don't apply any chapstick at least every three hours my lips start to burn and crack. I haven't tried Burt's Bees yet, but I'm afraid to. I've gone to an allergy specialist but they said it would take too long to pinpoint the cause, what should I do/try now?

well, i have decided for myself that i am allergic to chapstick brand lip balm. i have used it and all the flavors for as many years as i can remember, always used it, same brand since i was a little kid. now i get the redness and soreness and tiny tiny bumps that everyone has mentioned. i have now switched to burts bees, i am using the replenishing version with pomgranate oil. it allows my lips to clear and stay moisturized. my mom uses aquaphor, and i intend to buy some of that as well.

This happened to me several years ago after years of wearing Softlips. The only think I have found that does not cause a reaction is the Chapstick Natural line of lip balms - however, I have to make sure that no sunscreen comes in contact with my lips when they have lip balm on them. Also, Burt's Bees lip balm works well, but I really like the Naturals! Good luck!

I have found that not only SPF causes reactions like cold sores, but the lip treatments with the "cooling sensation", like soft lips, or peppermint chapstick can also do it to you. Def. stay away from those if you have sensitive lips!

OMG I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE THAT PROBLEM WOW GREAT AT LEAST NOW I KNOW IM NOT A FREAK LOL HHAHAHAHA I USE BURT'S BEES BEESWAX IT WORKS PERFECTLY AND HAVEN'T GOT THAT INFECTION AGAIN

It also seems that some people have a similar reaction (Red bumbs and blisters) due to an alergic reaction to Floride. (An ingredent in most toothpaste) It seems that to me, Ill get the red, dry, itchy, burning bumps from somewhere. Then when i brush my teeth it only makes it worse. I have aslo noticed, like most of us the flavored, good smelling chapsticks only make it worse. D: So Your best bet is to get Organic Chapsticks or some Vitamin E pills. (the Gell pills, Not solid ones) I use a chapstick called "TheraNeem" You should find it at a local heath foods store. With Vitamin E pills, Just poke a hole in the side of the gell pill, and squeeze some of the oil on your skin. Vitamin E is VERY good for skin. Also it helps heal Cuts, scars, And acne redness. :-D Hope this helps. -Brendan.

HI, I am wondering if the bumps were just on your lips or did they get on your face, I am noticing bumps and redness around my mouth>

I use Chapstick all day long and apply it constantly.
Blondy95

This happens when i use Blistex especially. I mostly use lips gloss now instead of the chapstick types. I am also allergic to all types of sunscreen that i have tried. It's a pain when going to sunny places!!

since i was a kid i always used the Chapstick brand of chapstick. then about a year ago i noticed i was getting those bumps everyone has been talking about and if i licked my lips it tasted like blood. within a few days the bumps had spread around my mouth and down my neck and so i went to my doctor. he told me that i had a chapstick allergy and that i should only use organic chapstick. so i went to walmart and bought this chapstick called lypsyl. it worked fine for about a year, but just a few days ago my lips have started to get all the symptoms i had before. i dont understand why im getting these reactions now especially because im using organic chapstick! PLEASE HELP! :-(

I am allergic to Chapstick as well. I get the bumps and redness and itchy dryness. It even happens if i kiss someone with Chapstick on. I have found this happens mostly with the Chapstick brand. I stay away from all Chapstick brands and only use Burts Bees beeswax Lip balm and face lotion. More expensive but at least i dont have to worry. I still dont know exactly what Im allergic to, any info would be great!