So I'm 22 yrs old and generally a healthy person. I've had a regular period since I was 18 except for maybe once or twice. My boyfriend and I usually have unprotected sex and now I'm 16 days late on my period. I have tenderness of breasts, headaches, and I'm tired all the time. I also have had brown spotting for about five days, and then started bleeding a more burgundy color for about 2 hours yesterday that then turned back into brown spotting. I've started feeling nauseous in the mornings for the past three days and have been insanely moody. Most of the foods that I like to eat make me sick to my stomach now. I just would love some advice or something about whats going on. I mean anything would really mean alot to me. I know I should take a test, and go to the doctor, but I don't have the money right now....

It sounds to me like you may be pregnant. Spotting is common for implantation but bleeding is not good. You need to start by confirming the pregnancy. If you don't have the money to see a doctor or buy a urine pregnancy test then google Pregnancy Resource Center (your city). They do free pregnancy testing and can advise you of any care you may need. Bleeding can be perfectly normal, or it can mean a miscarriage or that the child has implanted outside the uterus. In the first two cases you are fine but if its the 3rd, you will need medical care.

If you didn't have intense cramping during your brief bleeding than my guess is it was just implantation bleeding. Also if you miscarried it would be bleeding similar to the heaviest day of your period. I highly recommend getting to one of these PRC's because they can advise you of what you need to do, if anything.

Hope that's helpful. I hope everything is okay, if you have more questions you can contact me. I had a similar experience but my bleeding continued and I miscarried. :-(

Thatt was very helpful and kind of confirmed my suspicions. I started bleeding again today, but still very light. I only noticed it when I wiped after using the rest room. I haven't had any cramps at all, so it's all still confusing.

You need to see your Dr. End of story. Good luck sounds like you just might be pregnant.

To me it sounds like you are having early pregnancy symptoms. I would go in and make an appointment to see the doctor. Do you live in california? Because you could use the family pact card? IF not, i'd just save up your money to buy a test. They're pretty cheap esp. at $ stores. Best of luck!