I'm really worried right now. Me and my boyfriend had protected sex on Jan. 14, and he always pulls out. The next week (i'm not sure if it was my period because it wasn't like any other i've had) I was for sure it was my period. It's now Feb 17th, and i've been way more tired, and I eat way more than I ussually do. I also have mild cramping. We had sex on Feb 14th, and my period is suppose to come this Sunday. I really don't know if I could be pregnant or if it's something else. I mean i'm tired all the time, I go to bed at 10 like normal and when I wake up i'm still so tired. I eat lunch at school, and i'm still hungry after, so when I get home I eat a snack. It seems like i'm hungry all the time. I've never eatin all my dinner and the other night I ate everything off my plate, and was hungry an hour later. Right now i'm waiting to see if my period this month is late or missed. Could anyone give me advice, i'd appreciate it. (: Thanks

Sweet, what was different about your period in January?

Just being tired or hungry does not mean you are pregnant. You said protected, how? A condom? If he pulled out and did not ejaculate in you, and he wore the condom all the time, then it is unlikely you are pregnant.

Tell us what was different about that period.

My period in January was really light, like you barelly seen blood. And it had clumps in it. I've never had a period like that. Plus I had severe pain in my lower stomach. I couldn't sleep the night it hurt to bad. And this was before my period. He did wear a condum and he did cum. He pulled out then cumed, then he put a new condum on. I know there could be other reasons why i'm having these weird symptoms, I just would like to know why i'm having them. If he didn't wash his hands before putting a new condum on, couldn't that do something??

It sounds as though you took the proper precautions. If he had semen on his hands then it may have gotten on the outside of the condom, we can't know for sure.

Your January period, although being light, does not sound like implantation bleeding. Usually, if that happened it would be only some light bleeding.

Give it a few days, until Sunday. If you want to test that would be the earliest you could. I don't think you'd get pregnant if everything is as you described but it is always possible.

Thank you, your advice was a big help :-)

I had sex on Feb. 24. It is now April 19 and I have not had my period. I don't know what's going on. Anyone got advice??

Hi Sweet,

Did you ever have your February period?  Was it around the 19th like you thought?  Did you have one in March?  Around the 19th?  You should be due again now.

Take a home pregnancy test.  You can, any time.  Use your first morning urine and follow all directions, especially times, closely.  

If negative, see your doctor.  Sometimes periods are irregular.

I had a period the 26th of Feb. I did not have one in March and haven't had it yet in April. I threw up one day but that could of been caused by anything.

OK, how old are you?

Are your periods usually regular?  How is your general health?

I'm 16 my periods have always been normal. And my health is good.

Good.

Are you eating a well balanced diet?  Are you very athletic or participating in sports? 

These can all cause you period to become irregular.  Stress or illness can also make it late.  Occasional missed periods are somewhat normal, especially when younger.  If it does continue, check with your doctor.  Some diseases such as diabetes can cause irregular or missed periods too.

Hope it helps. 

Thanks for the advice it helped.