I have to say that I am confused. Few days ago I have fainted at my work. That was strange for me so naturally, I did a home pregnancy test. It was positive, so I guess that I am pregnant. I don't know what to do?

I don't understand why you said that you are confused? You did the HPT and it was positive, so you don't have a reason to be confused. Everything is clear. I suppose that you are surprised with the fact that you are pregnant. I advise you to go to your doctor, to do a blood test. You need to be absolutely sure so you can make your decision. You did not tell me what is your marital status, how old are you? It would be much easier for me to give you advice if I knew this information. If you are scared of having a baby or you have doubts about keeping it or not, it is normal for you to feel like that. You need to know that having a baby is a great responsibility, especially if you are a single mom. But then again, having a baby is the greatest feeling ever. There is nothing more beautiful then holding your baby in your arms. I advise you to talk to your partner and make a decision. I am sure that you will be ok.

Hi I also took a hpt and came back faint positive but three days after I am having a period like thing but it is not at all normal because usually I can not even breath without hurting when on my monthly this time it is weird I am not bleeding heavy and I am not in pain can I be pregnant and have a period?

It is impossible to have a period and be pregnant. Once you get pregnant, placenta starts producing a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), which interrupts menstrual cycle and periods stop.

The problem is that some women experience bleeding during early pregnancies that may resemble periods. These bleedings are not as heavy as normal periods but could give that sort of an impression.

The bleeding in the early pregnancy can be normal but sometimes it could indicate a problem.

Sometimes, light red spotting or bleeding could indicate miscarriage but you would probably get the cramping and abdominal pain along the bleeding. See if the bleeding resembles your period or not, or wait for a few days and do another test. Then you will know for sure.

Once the bleeding ends, you could see a gyno just to check upon things.

That is complete and utter BS, excuse my language. I know people who have continued throughout pregnancy to get period like bleeding while it is not a period it appears to be one.

I suggest that you go and see a doctor you may have had an early miscarriage.

ITS SO NOT impossible to be bleeding after a pregnancy test! Its called implantation and in some cases, its a very early miscarriage. If indeed it was really light and you took another test b4 going to the dr and its still positive, you are pregnant and need to make an appt immediately! DO NOT LISTEN to those that say you dont bleed when you are pregnant. I am a Marine, mother of 3 kids and pregnant with my 4 and I had spotting with my 3rd one most of the pregnancy! I dont think you meant to say you got your period, but its NOT uncommon to bleed or spot at all.

Hope this helps

Mayo wrote:

lori wrote:

Same kind of dituation. My period was 4 days late I took 3 hpts and they all came back positive. 4 days later I have bleeding like a light period and I took another test and now it's negative wtf is going? sorry I wasn't any help but I'm just as confused as you are!!!!!! ?

I'm just as confused. I tested positive on Monday to 3 different tests. Today I'm bleeding like a light period and cramping I took another test and it's negative. ? ?

If the test was a faint positive, it's possible that it's just really early in the pregnancy, or the test can't detect low amounts of HCG. All you can do is re-test in two days. Seeming how HCG doubles every two days, the line should be darker. If it's GREATLY lighter or the line doesn't show at all, it's possible you're miscarrying or already miscarried.

I agree with that assessment. Is that the case or are you in a different situation? Let me know how you're doing okay?