Hello! I have high blood cholesterol and my doctor suggested a change in my diet. I am single, so I don’t have to worry about other people just me and I suppose that is easier when adjusting diet. I was wondering if you could give me some basic instructions on what to eat and what to avoid or if you could recommend me any of the books regarding the cholesterol subject. Thank you

Hello! My husband also has high cholesterol and I managed to persuade my whole family, for all of our sakes to make this huge change in our diet. It has worked well. I will tell you about some basic rules. Oh, before I forget, you should try to get a book called “Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook” published by Times Books. It contains recipes and tips on low cholesterol meals. You should know that fruits and vegetables are low in calories and fat. Avoid all saturated foods and switch to cereals, pastas, and breads. Avoid cheese, and red meat- use turkey and chicken instead. Also, low fat or skim milk and cook with olive and canola oils.