Hi. I have a liver disease and 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. That means my body simply responds to the digestion like no other, it`s over-reacting. My doctor has told me that the best way to control my problem is to change my eating habits. I have to be on a hypoglycemic high protein diet. Would like to hear some more about that.

Hi. Same problem. I think changes in eating habits help your glucose enter the bloodstream at a steady pace. You must follow hypoglycemia high protein diet, it will give your body all the necessary vitamins, minerals, proteins and calories. I have to eat simple carbohydrates and concentrated sweets (table sugar, corn syrup, honey, fruits, milk, candies, soft drinks, cakes, ice creams), complex carbohydrates and proteins (basic source of energy), and high fiber foods. Also, I always eat fresh fruits (if canned see that it`s not containing sugar instead of fruit juice). You must be careful about size and frequency of your meals. A low-fat diet is right for you (skim milk products, lean meat). Avoid alcohol and caffeine.