I have Graves Disease, currently in "Hypo" and taking Synthroid. I am fed up with being fat. Does anyone know of or been prescribed a weight loss medication? Any words of wisdom?

I am looking for an answer to how to loose weight will battleing Grave's Disease... Does anybody know?
HELP. I just had my son come in from Mississippi, and we took pictures, I was absolutely floored when I looked at them. It's bad enough that I have the eye problem and muscle pain constantly but to be fat on top of all this....

HI ,I know how you are feelinig for the most part.This whole thing is challenging. But I have recently started a gluten free diet which is helping. Gluten free means no wheat flour at all, that includes pasteries pastas sandwhiches due to the bread , even whole wheat is harmful. I have noticed a significient reduction in puffyness and bloating. Also I have read the Gluten free diets have been linked to assist in auto immune dieaseas. In addition to not eating wheat the sceond most important food to avoid is shell fish and most sea food. This is due to the idione content in foods like lobster and crab. Shellfish can negativly effect hormone levels. Lastly I have been eating broccoli daily as I have een told by a doctor and nutritionost that is supresses overactive thyriod hormones if eating in regulay quantities....Hope this helps.

Also as gluten subsititue you can buy cone flur pastas and many cereals and breads at whole foods are now gluten free you just have to look for the label...