Can Herpes Zoster cause nerve damage? My immune system is weak. So, I have Herpes Zoster. I heard that Herpes Zoster can cause nerve damage? Is that true? What is shingles?

After an emotional distress I get shingles. The medical term for shingles is acute herpes zoster. Shingles is a skin rash that develops on half of the body, in a belt-like pattern. If the pain from shingles does not go away, it is called post herpetic neuralgia (PHN). The most common reason for lowered immunity in shingles patients is being elderly and experiencing a stressful event, such as an illness in the family or emotional distress. The reactivated virus begins to multiply within the dorsal root ganglia, which causes damage and swelling to this area of the nerve. This damage to the nerve causes the first pains of shingles. The virus then moves along the nerve to the skin, damaging the nerve and causing swelling as it goes. When the virus finally reaches the skin, it causes the shingles rash. My advice to you makes your immune system strong.