Hello. My child was very healthy until this occurred. Just to mention my son is six years old.
Recently I have noticed groups of small, itchy blisters surrounded by inflamed skin on his face.
Like I said this only started on his face, but after a day or two it spread on his scalp, arms and legs.
I was very frightened because I have never seen anything like this.
One friend told me that he’s quite sure it is varicela zoster or chicken pox so, I would like to find out more about it!

This is quite common condition among kids so you shouldn’t worry that much! The varicela zoster virus (VZV) is the etiologic agent of the clinical syndrome of chickenpox (varicela).
The typical rash of chicken pox, like you describe it, is made up of groups of small, itchy blisters surrounded by inflamed skin.
The rash is usually preceded by fiver, usually low-grade, fatigue and headache.
You should now one thing- anyone who has not had chickenpox or the vaccine, is at risk for contracting the virus if exposed to someone with chickenpox.
Symptoms of this condition will disappear by them self in about two weeks and the goals of pharmacotherapy are to reduce morbidity and to prevent complications such as bacterial infection of the skin, swelling of the brain, and pneumonia.