Hello. I'm 24 year old male and just recently I started to experience some strange problems. My first symptom was some mild back pain and frequent gases.
I didn’t think that this could represent some serious problem but after a while, some others symptoms occurred.
I started to notice that the skin on my back, especially on my left side, is much more sensitive than it was before. I have even noticed that I have developed some small rash on that side. I have put some skin lotion on that side but it didn’t help at all.
I haven’t seen anything like this before and don’t know could it be something serious. Should I contact my doctor or wait for this to resolve by it self?

Hello. I would recommend you to contact your dermatologist or infectologist immediately because I have recognized some of yours symptoms. All your skin symptoms made me think about one viral disease called shingles. Shingles, otherwise known as Herpes Zoster is painful, blistering rash caused by the varicella virus, which affects only a limited area of skin, and makes you feel surprisingly tired, run down, and even depressed.
They always affect only one side of the body. I don’t know anything about your back pain symptoms but I know that this virus is spreading through body in nerves that are coming out from your spine so, I don’t know, but maybe this caused you your mild pain. Contact your doctor immediately to get an appropriate medication.

Yes it definitely sounds like you have shingles. Shingles comes from the same virus that causes chickenpox. Once you have chicken pox, the virus lays dormant in your nerve cells. Then stress (or other unknown causes) can bring it out later in life. It is characterized by a rash, usually on one side of the body, and is extremely painful.

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I am having the same symptoms. I've been having horrible back/chest pains for weeks now and have been to the hospital and they didn't know whats wrong with me. The other day i broke out in a rash on my left side. Dark red, raised rash that is painful. Now i'm noting anothe sploth of bumps forming and a whole bunch of little white bumps on my arm.

I looked up to see if shingles is contagious. They say no because its already in your system from chickenpox. I don't believe them because me and my husband had no symptoms or rash until after I visited friend who had shingles diagnoised. We are being told it happens at ages 50 and older. Than why are we being affected?

The shingles virus is exactly what it sounds like all of you are having... I am eighteen and have had shingles twice already on both sides of my body. It hurts extremely bad and i'm pretty sure it is contagious. After you get rid of rash the infected area will have flare ups but its nothing aspirin can't help. I'm sorry for your inconvenience..

Defiantly notify a doctor

i am having all of what you are saying, but no rash. my whole body hurts and skin on left side. i see people are saying it could be Shingles. thats not what it sounds like to me, iv had shingles its nothing like this.. your body and skin didnt hurt with shingles and that can be caused by a lot of stress. and its not really a rash its like a sore and it burns. this is way different. im being told it can be a kidney infection. i dont know if you found out what was wrong yet but id go to the dr. and get tested for that.

Celiac Disease - autoimmune disease whereby body attacks itself when gluten (wheat) is consumed.

Definitely is a 'for sure'
Defiantly is 'stubborn'
I like that answer

i have pain under my left shoulder blade and under my left breast had this for 4 days but yesterday noticed rash what could it be