Ok. So about 5-6 days ago I noticed 5 small bumps on my right vaginal lip. I didnt think much of them but the next day one started pussing barely. The day after that I noticed that the lips swelled up and it hurt to sit down or walk. I wear tight jeans kind of. Right now the bumps are now scabbed over and only puss when im in the shower. The swelling is down but bump type thing is near that lips and pelvis as well as a pimple near my vagina opening. Im so scared that its herpes or something. Ive been with the same guy for the past year and a half and have been faithful. Im scared that if it is herpes that he will leave me. I've had sex with him this whole time because I dont want to tell him about the sores. We live together. Help me please. Im freaking out.

Hi lekim27

Female genital sores are bumps and lesions in or around the vagina. Some sores may be itchy, painful, or produce a discharge, while some may not cause any symptoms. Bumps or sores on the genitals may be due to certain skin disorders; however, they are most often symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection (STI). 

People often do not seek treatment because they are afraid or embarrassed; however, STIs affect all populations and can make a huge impact on public health. Women are especially at risk for developing serious long-term health complications as the result of untreated infections.

Any genital bumps or sores should be evaluated by a doctor to determine the cause and to prevent potentially dangerous medical complications.

Recognizing a Genital Sore

Genital sores may appear as small, red or flesh-colored bumps and blisters. They may have no symptoms aside from their appearance and prevalence around the vaginal area. However, some female genital sores may be accompanied by a variety of symptoms:

• itchiness
  • pain at the site
  • pelvic pain
  • persistent pain
  • burning
  • bleeding
  • a general feeling ill feeling

A sore may also change in appearance and become crusty or larger in size.

Symptoms such as painful intercourse, increased or foul-smelling vaginal discharge and painful urination are also commonly associated with STIs.May I suggest that you visit a healcare provider who can diagnose your condition and recommend some medication. Good luck

How could I have gotten any STI if i've been faithful and he has too?

Hi lekim27

Depending on individual immunity, almost all illnesses take their own time developing and manifesting in the body. Since both of you are faithful to each other, the ONLY way [I presume] - by sharing clothes - especially undergarments. Low hygeine is another