I thought I knew everything there is to know about herpes (my ex had genital herpes and I was forced to learn everything, from its name and symptoms to the best way to have sex without risk) until I got it. In the eye!!! How can that be? I occasionally have sores around my mouth, but herpes in the eye??? It sounds so unreal!! Is there anyone else with this problem?

Welcome! This problem is by no means a rare one and many people experience it simply because they are not careful or not informed enough. Since you know so much about herpes there is no need to mention all those numerous possibilities of transmitting the virus from one part of your body to another (from genitals to mouth, from mouth to genitals, from blisters positioned anywhere via cuts on your skin etc.). Well, I explored deeper one of the possibilities when I stuck my fingers in my eye trying to remove an insect from it. I did that immediately after I peeled off the crust from the leisure on my mouth and tomorrow there it was - a blister in my eye. I was enraged and didn’t know what to do so I simply didn’t do anything. I was too embarrassed to visit a doctor after he had told me for about a hundred times not to touch my sores (I have those blisters very often and I consulted my doctor many times since I stubbornly peel them)! After seven or eight days it was almost gone, but at one point it was so big that I was afraid it might somehow damage my eye. So, herpes in your eye is not impossible at all, especially if you don’t take care of your personal hygiene and don’t avoid touching sores.

wrong wrong wrong.... eye herpies is another form of herpies. It's the same strain that causes yes, mouth sores and also chicken pox. Once you had chicken pox, this virus is always in your body. When you get a mouth sore, it's the same thing. The virus lays dormant in your nerve that connects the eye and mouth. When stressed or lacking sleep this virus is active. It will either travel to your mouth or your eye.... not so uncommon. Genital herpies is totally different. Read up on it!!!!!

herpes infection in your eyes, are different then genital herpes. still along the same lines, just not the same thing. if you know what i mean? you may still get sores in your mouth, around your mouth or in your eyes but it has nothing to do with your ex having the genital strain.