Few days ago I noticed some changes on my vagina. I also saw bloody blister near it. What do you think that this is? I am afraid to even think about it. Can you tell more something about genital herpes? Please give me some information.

I can not tell you if you have or not genital herpes. Only your doctor can tell you that. This is why it is very important to go. However, I can help you by giving you information about genital herpes. Genital herpes is an infection caused by the herpes simplex virus or HSV and there are two types of HSV. Type 1 most commonly infects the lips causing sores known as fever blisters or cold sores. However, it can also infect the genital area and produce sores there. Type 2 is the usual cause of genital herpes, but it also can infect the mouth during oral sex. A person who has genital herpes infection can easily pass or transmit the virus to an uninfected person during sex and most people get it by having sex with someone who is having a herpes "outbreak." Unfortunately, most of the people who have genital herpes don't know it. The reason for this is because they never have any symptoms, or they do not recognize any symptoms they might have.

This has just happened to me. Blister is near urethra. I have had shingles vaccine as has my husband and we are 79. Don't think its herpes.