My 5 year old son has been complaining about the soreness of his genital area for a few days now. At first, there were no symptoms present but today I spotted something that looked like a rash in the area. I cant determine what it could be. I put some powder on it but it didnt go away. Could this be chicken pox? Im quite worried because I also have a three year old that might get infected. Can you help?

It is essential you took your child to a doctor and see what this rash could be. It is impossible to say without seeing and it could be so many things to be honest. Chicken pox usually start with fever and cold like symptoms before the rash appears and the rash would be localized, it would be present around other parts of the body. Another option is dermatitis, a skin reaction to an allergen that could be a harsh soap for example or maybe even herpes outbreak. Have you ever been tested for herpes? Sometimes women with herpes virus transmit the virus to their children during vaginal delivery. Like Ive already said, you need a pediatrician have a look at it.

Did you have hem Circumcised