Hi. I have noticed a sore on my genitals and I did some tests. Doctor told me I may have genital herpes. The sore is visible. However, I did blood test (serum herpes simplex antibodies) to detect HSV, but the results were not clear. I am confused about the test results. The sore is gone. I don`t think I have genital herpes. What do you think?

Hi. I can tell you, based on my own experience, if you have genital herpes you will have another outbreak. After the first outbreak you can expect another one in two weeks. During the year you will experience many outbreaks, but these recurrences will decrease in frequency. The symptoms related to HSV vary. Lab test will show if you have genital herpes. Did they take the sample from the sores? When did you go to doctor? HSV is sometimes difficult to diagnose between outbreaks. Blood test can be unclear.