I only been with one guy and it was unprotected smh. The last time we where active was November 7th. I recently just hady period but before that like a week before my vagina near the opening was itching reallllllly bad . It's not the lips it's like the skin below the lips near the opening. After I finished my cycle I felt shallow bumps in the same area the bumps had a white or yellow pus that came out easy if I just scratch it . The bumps are really small . The skin in that area started to heal itself now I don't feel the bumps anymore .. I plan on going to the doc I just want to have an idea of what it could be .. Thank you

Hi Reese

Female genital sores are bumps and lesions in or around the vagina. Some sores may be itchy, painful, or produce a discharge, while some may not cause any symptoms. Bumps or sores on the genitals may be due to certain skin disorders; however, they are most often symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection (STI).

Any genital bumps or sores should be evaluated by a doctor to determine the cause and to prevent potentially dangerous medical complications.

Recognizing a Genital Sore

Genital sores may appear as small, red or flesh-colored bumps and blisters. They may have no symptoms aside from their appearance and prevalence around the vaginal area.

However, some female genital sores may be accompanied by a variety of symptoms:

itchiness   

pain at the site   

pelvic pain   

persistent pain   

burning   

bleeding   

a general feeling ill feeling

I appreciate that you are planning to visit a healthcareprovider. While you’re waiting for your appointment, however, you may find some relief through a sitz bath. This helps to relieve any pain and discomfort associated with the sores. This can be done at home by filling the bathtub with warm water that goes up to your hips. You may add a mild saline solution or baking soda to the water. While you can purchase small basins for sitz baths from a drugstore, you can also use a regular bathtub.

Good luck