Hi, I am 28 years old, and I keep having recurring panic attacks. I am using antidepressants, and I’m considering cognitive behavior therapy. Was it helpful for anyone?

Hi, I have the same problem. My panic attacks started when I was 25, and I still have them. They always recur, and I can’t get rid of them. I heard that cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) is very effective, so I decided to try it. It is still early to say if it’s helpful, but I am an optimistic, and I hope for the best. I am also using elavil, because I heard that CBT is more effective in combination with antidepressants. It very hard to cope with recurring panic attacks, because they appear suddenly and have symptoms like sweating, trembling, feeling sick and dizzy. They can appear at work, on the streets, and if I’m lucky, it will happen at home. In my case, recurring panic attacks usually last about 10 minutes, and sometimes even more.