is there any connection between heart conditions and panic attacks?

Celebrity
Although panic attacks can cause many heart related symptoms there generally is not a causal relationship. It is the way you process your thoughts that lead to a panic cycle and cause panic attacks and the physical symptoms follow. There have been some studies that say that a heart defect known as mitral valve syndrome can make you more susceptible to panic attacks but I have that and my panic attacks were cured after I learned how to counter my thoughts in a tea form in my cbt group.

I was told that there is no connection and that it is your thoughts in reaction to physical symptoms often of the heart that cause panic attacks.

Celebrity
That is along the lines of what I have heard as well.

I thought this too. I had panic attacks for years and had learned to cope with them.
If ever you can cope with them. One night last year, I had what I thought was a panic attack.
I tried to do the things I normally do to lower the level of anxiety. I had a friend with me who
had never encountered anyone having a panic attack and he called 911. The ambulance arrived
and rushed me to the hospital. I was told I had had a severe heart attack and would have
died if I didn't get to the hospital when I did. The heart attack felt just like the many panic attacks
i had. I spent the next 7 days in intensive care.
Simply because you think you're having a panic attack and it will pass is not always the case.