Anxiety. Withdrawn, unwell, uncomfortable, fidgety. Panic disorder. Out of the blue panic. Fear of dying, worried about going mad, wanting to run, having forts of appending doom even though these forts seem extremely unlikely, hours on end of panic. Any questions i def can help. Reply and i will anser within days

Hey, I just started having panic attacks and I think I might have panic disorder. I have the feeling that nothing is real and that I'm going insane... I also get the urge to run but I'm scared that if I run that it will just get worse because my heart rate will go up. Please help... how do i get them to go away...????? I really hope I'm not going insane.

Over the past four months I've had this constant feeling of panic. I am not a panicy person but recently I've started getting a constant fear of everything,it's almost fear of having another panic attack. I've been having what I hope are panic attacks over the past number of months. It mostly happens in the night time. I'm writing this having just had a sensation of my heart stopping for around four seconds then recommencing quickly and heavily. I've started to fear death over the last while and have turned to drink as a solution. Everytime I feel like I'm going to have ""an attack" I have an odd compultion to squeeze my neck.
I get freaked out in the strangest situations and feel like I could die.Havent been to the doctor, hate going and simply don't have time with my finals in a month. I sometimes feel that life isnt real or something,hard to describe

Can anybody help? I'm only 24 and I need some!

Hey how are you? I've had my first panic attack about 3 years ago, and it was the scariest thing that happened to me. I was driving and my heart was going so fast all of a sudden. I drove myself to the hospital and wondered if i was dying. Turns out i'm still here, alive, and know i know what was happening, well sort of. I know that stress can really bring it on, and some stressful situations over a period of time can also bring it on. I tried drinking alcohol also but i realized it just made things worse. I used to wake up shaking, and feeling like i was going crazy. I don't think many people understand what we really go through. I ended drinking almost 15 beers a day until i got to the point where i couldn't take it anymore, i called the paramedics for the 12th time probably and finally i admitted myself to the emergency room. Turns out i was drinking way too much and i was going through a lot of emotional stress. I stayed in the hospital for a week, and it was hard, but at least i wasn't drinking, I got back my appetite and stopped vomiting after losing almost 30 lbs!! I stayed in the "stepdown" level of the psychiatric unit and it was awful, but good at the same time. I told myself i would quit drinking, but i haven't yet, don't know why I can't stop. I just hope i will have the courage and will to stop. You won't die from anxiety though, but realize that it can go away, seek some medical help, but i say stay away from crazy people and any prescription drugs, they are poison!!

Can you overcome anxiety attacks, my boyfriend has been having them for 3 years now..

any information would be helpful, thanks

Hi I had my first panic attack about a year and a half ago. It was a very strange feeling I thought something was seriously wrong and ended up going home during a night out really scared and unaware of what was happening to me. I searched the internet for answers and found out about panic attacks. After about 3 months of terrifying attacks I went to my GP and he prescribed Beta Blockers which I took for 3 months solidly to help me lose the fear of having a panic attack. I then started to ween myself off the Beta blockers and tried various techniques that I on the internet to try and get over the panic attacks which I did manage slowly. I found that when i felt panic setting in (sometimes for no apparent reason) I would hold my breath and concentrate on everything that was happening inside me, liek heart beat, pain or whatever and make the attack ten times worse. No if I feel something coming on (which is hardly ever as when the fear of having one goes generally the panci attacks go as well) I make sure I breath deeply and the panic never really comes on.

The one thing I find hard to get over is the feeling of going mad, sometimes I feel like i'm not mentally stable and that maybe one day i'm going to lose my mind, which I sure If I was going crazy I wouldn't be aware of it!! It seems crazy even thinking about it but I would appreciate some advice on how to combat this if anyone else is in the same boat.

:$
I experience anxiety and panic. It's been almost constant anxiety and some panic episodes. The unexplainability of these symptoms hurt just as much as the symptoms themselves. For me, my anxiety covers evryone and everything with fear. What I mean is that I haven't been able to even build trust with other people because I'm afraid of them. I'm afraid and mad at them because my anxiety covers everything and the insanity is that I believe they hate me anyways. To be specific, I feel so insane because in extreme cases I sense that people are cursing me. Literally, as if when a person stops speaking that they start shouting profanities at me. I'm aware to realize this is not the case, it's different than actually "hearing voices" and still it's too close to "hearing voices". I'm aware the anxiety is false and people might like me, yet I feel such anger and fear towards others and chronic distrust because this anxiety lingers constantly and panic attacks overwhelm me to a state where I struggle and pray so much of my days that real companionship is bleak. It's so hard living with out trust and it's really hard to build relationships with people when I'm afraid of them. These intense fears and almost crossing the line if not actually paranoid schizoid days crash everything that day. Then, I recover and the next day or so I'm back to regular anxiety or moments of peace even. The peace is the most precious most delightful most wonderful part of life, and it's rare for me. The moments when you and I are human beings, the moments where I experience empathy for another, the moments when chatting with a friend and nothing "demonic" like is "real" in my world. Those moment of life are priceless, to capture those moments is why life is for living. Thank you for listening. Btw, I am currently not taking psyc. Meds. And I would appreciate feedback if you can relate and offer advice on the constantly nagging question- to medicate or not to medicate.

Celebrity
CBT is the best thing for panic and anxiety. It has changed my life dramatically more than I ever thought anything could. I highly recommend cbt for panic, anxiety and depression. If you can't afford a cbt group pick up a copy of Been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz and start doing the tea form exercise in it. This is one of the two books we used in my group. Take care and know you can get better. The more you work on the exercises the more relief you get, I am still improving today. Hang in there and let me know how you are doing.

Again CBT is the best treatment and the TEA forms are amazing.

Celebrity
It can't be said enough Annie

:'( What is cbt? Cause im going through hell and to top it off i'm pregnant and so against the meds but I' m ready to give in cause I need my life to normal cuz I need to get a job before my stomach is visible plus I have two other children to take care of. So I am really struggling.

Cbt is cognitive behavioral therapy. It is a non-med treatment that is extremely effective for treating most anxiety disorders and depression.

Umm Hi I was wondering if you could maybe email me..i have ALOT of questions.Im 16 and i have been having anxiaty attacks none stop and have a constant fear of dieing
Please email me

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Hi peeps- yes i get anxiety and panic attacks too. I think my first pani was when I was a child..I remebr my mum having topractically squash me to make me realise I was okay. he next episode was in high school-I felt everyone else were just higher up-above me, and doing so much better, ( I had just nearly lost my mum and siter in a car accident) They survived and are well and heallthy too. But when I look back , i actually think thats when it started-a total life long thing. Theres nothing wrong with feeling a little anxious, or a lot of anxiety, but when you can no longer walk the streets for fear that something might haapen to them or to me-it doesnt stop.

Youve got to really believe in Cbt for it too work-it can be easy to turn the negatives to positves and vice versa. Over the last few years, ive been having panic attacks to the point paramedics have been called- i cant breathe properly , everything spins so I loose my balnce, sit down for shaking and then just cant breathe. its been ongoing for the last three years but has got remakably worse. its awful. Anyway, i had alll this advice comng from cpns "dont drink" reduce caffeine intake etc" still I get them when I dont do bad things. Someone once asked what I was thinking about at the time- to tell anyone the truth , if Iknew what i was thinking feeling etc perhaps I could make it stop-its not happening. Ive had countless sessions with cpns, alcohol related cpns, cpns that work with people with what they see as far more debilitating and irritating disorders, but for me its getting so out of control -i dont want to go outside, and I even now start to get anxius and panic( throwing up) which I thought had stopped ( when trying to study writing essays etc-I just feel whatever I do , it will never be good enough, and question what im doing all the time!)

its really incredibly embarassing now as it has gone on so long-over the last week , my dad was in hospital and had a bit of an op that s been needing fixing. Plus my exs mum has been in hospital for over a week and they do not kow whats wrong ( im worried!).
I have a lovely GP-but at the same time i feel he thinks Im waisting his time, or that theres not much more they can do and so on, or that I am a malingerer and I am making it up and no doctor , just paramedic and strangers -oh my children and my ex have witnessed it-even my own mum-it doesnt stop. I have constant aches in my knees wrists neck arms, but its like little prickly bouts of pain that come and go-I dont know what that is-is it my imagination?

Im feeling really guilty too as I had to get an extension for my coursework-not from not doing enough ( though thats always a feeling I have) but because I never made the deadline- and why sould I be different from anyone else?

Anyway, what ive found that does help me-its not the diazepam that I had left oer, in fact that stuff makes me wonder, its not the drugs. What Ive found is if I do a mind overload thing-think about so many many things I can mange just about to do the school run. being on my own and getting about is the toughest though-Im findig it hard-will it ever go away -is it becoming habit forming-why do I do it?

A-mess,

Go ahead and post whatever questions you have here and I will try and help you if I can :)