Hi, I am 29 years old man, and I have a problem with panic. I feel like I’m getting more and more isolated from other people, and I can’t control it. I have panic attacks when I have to confront people, and they are literally taking over my life. What should I do?

Hi, same problem hear! It has been three years now that I’m suffering from panic disorder. I have several different fears, but what troubles me most, is when I have to walk through the crowd. It is my worst nightmare. I also get a panic attack when I think about dying. I start shaking, sweating and crying like a baby. Panic attack usually last for 30 minutes or more, and they are taking over my life. When they started, I had one attack in a week, but now I have one attack a day. I am on valium, and I hope it will start working soon. As you see, I am not the best person to tell you what to do, but at least you know that you’re not alone.

Hey there "deary"

Sounds like you're having some troubles with panic attacks. I was in the same situation a while ago. My advice - you MUST see a doctor. The best and most effective treatment is some combination of medication and therapy.

In regards to medication, there are a lot of different medications out there so talk to your doctor and find one that is right for you. Paxil worked for me, but it doesn't work for everyone. You will most likely experience an initial period of side effects which is just your body adjusting to the medication but they will eventually subside. I had a week of adjusting to the Paxil and on the 7th day, it was like I was cured.

I would also strongly encourage you to demand to start off with a small dose and increase it gradually until you feel your panic attacks have stopped. Once you feel that the dose is working, do not increase it - keep it at what works. For example, my doctor told me that standard dosage of Paxil is 20mg but I asked to start off with 10mg. 10mg worked for me and he still wanted to increase my dose to 20mg but I refused and have been at 10mg ever since. What would be the point of doubling the dose if its already working - you know?

In regards to the therapist, it really helped me a lot to talk to someone who was knowledgeable and willing to listen. He also gave me several mental strategies that allow me to somewhat control the panic or stop it before happening.

My overall point is that you need to take charge of your life, rather than the panic attacks taking charge of you. Good luck and keep in touch.

dude.. take valerian root and kava kava!!