I am prescribed to Adderal. But I find that when I drink red bull in the later hours of the day, it helps to extend Adderal's affect of concentration and remaining awake to study. I take adderal during the day like I should, and I sleep at night. A friend of mine was told by a physician that drinking red bull actually makes the adderal "use up" faster therefore, a time released adderal works for less hours. Is this true?

I'm also prescribed adderall, both the immediate release to take in the morning and the XR in the afternoon after the tablets wear off. I worked for Red Bull for two years so I've built up quite a tolerance to it; but I digress, it does seem to enhance the effects, not so much the focus aspect of it but the euphoric 'I can do anything' feeling. While this is true for ME, your friend stands correct as Red Bull has (in an 8.3oz can) 160mg of caffeine and a chemical known as glucoronalactone, which is a detoxifying agent of the liver, a carbohydrate that naturally occurs within the body, which as a result seems to sorta 'gobble up' the normally extended effects of the drug alone, but intensifies the initial effect while it does so.

My advice: If your dosage is anything like mine, I've found the best scenario is to take your proper dosage (the salt tablets in the morning) THEN drink your Red Bull about 10-15 minutes before ingesting the XR. You'll experience a longer lasting effect and a bit of a 'peaking' transition as the XR properly absorbs into your system. Keep in mind you have to eat properly so the XR isn't just sitting in your stomach with leftover amphetamine salts and Red Bull; you probably know by now one of the most noticeable effects of the drug is appetite suppression.

My advice version 2: Don't use Red Bull. The detoxifying agents in the drink are designed to more or less defend your body and rid itself of most of adderall's beneficial effects. Try another energy drink like NOS, which in addition to not tasting like bitter horse urine is one of the few drinks in the industry to contain more caffeine than RB, but without the detoxifying 'benefits' in it.

I do hope you're using it simply for studying because it's a dangerously addictive amphetamine, and if you're looking to just peak you might as well join the masses of abusers and just snort the salts, or crush the XR beads into the same compound and do the same. I will add that this is very stupid if done consistantly as I've watched friends fall into horrible withdrawls once their supply has run out.

Ironically I write this in the morning, before I've taken any adderall, I just happen to have seen your post (albeit over a year later) and wanted to give a first-hand answer with a little info about RB. What can I say, I'm passionate about the beverage as it is. I'll check this board in a few days for a response if you haven't discovered a clear answer by now.

Best of luck

this is a different and interesting answer to what my friend told me, who is on adderall. he has recently been prescribed adderall and is also a redbull fanatic. i asked him whether he had to quit redbull or something because i figured it would take an extra toll on his body. his physician had told him to avoid any caffeinated drinks because it would "make your heart burst" due to the extra work load being put on it. have you guys heard this also? i ask for my friends benefit.

AarunJon

I have been prescribed adderall for 3 years now and also drink Redbull on a daily basis. The past year or so I have noticed a decline in the pills effectiveness and wondered if it was due to mixing with Redbull. In my own "personal study", I found when drinking Redbull and taking my usual dosage, the longevity of the drug was cut short by half the time. By cutting out the energy drink I was able to sustain the effects for a longer period of time. The only loss I noticed was the "peak" or "rush" of the combination, while gaining better focus. Not to mention $2.29 a day and $835 a year, and considering the economic state we are in today makes a huge difference. Not every person will agree with me, it just turned out better for myself.

drinking just redbull can be unhealthy... if your using 2 stimulants it might not work out very well in the long run