Hi i have been having some red spotting at the end of my period. I find this strange to me cause after i have my normal 3 days of normal/heavy flow, my period gets lighter, then rusty brown then red again (just spotting though - no actual flow) for about a day or two. after this it turns brown and then clear by about day 8 or 9. my cycles are usually around 21/24 days and this has been going on since january. i have had a vaginal ultrasound, pelvic exam and smear done - all came back ok thank God. my gynae told me that it is normal for the spotting to be this way but as it had never happened before it freaks me out each time. i am 36 years old and have 2 kids. i don't get any spotting after the 9th day up to the next period and no particular pain either. has anyone ever experienced this? whenever i try to read topics on this i find that spotting can be red, pink, rusty brown or brown but i never find anything about it being red again after the brown. thanks for any help.

Hi Claire: Did your gynacologist mention to you about being in Pre-Menopause? I had to have a hysterctomy at age 36 due to unusual bleeding and MAJOR pain! Women are coming into PRE-Menopause earlier and earlier, it can start with weird changes with your periods. Sometimes they even stop for several months then start up again - just like actual Menopause. Since you have had swabs, and everything checked out, I would hazzard a guess you are experiencing the same thing.

Have you experienced anything like a fluttering heart or a skipped beat? This is also another sign - OR can be. Also changes with your sex life, usually negative changes such as lack of lubrication, not even the slightest interest, low libedo etc. SOME women experience the TOTAL opposite of that too - much to their partners glee ;-) XD What they don't know is it will be short lived!!! ;-)

So there is nothing to worry about, I just really think you are heading into the "HOT' zone! That is why I always say "I KNOW God IS a man!!!" ;-D Good luck and health

Hi thanks for your reply. Actually i mentioned it to her but she told me that it seems unlikely cause my ovaries seem to still be ripe! I tend to worry alot and always imagine the worst case scenario. i asked her if she thought it might be cancer and she said no. I have strong tendencies for cancer in my family ( my mum had it twice, my aunt once, my cousin once and in 1971 my sister had died when she was 7 from leukemia) so my first thought is always cancer. I just hope that this wierd spotting is all hormonal. thanks again for your reply - i really appreciate it!

Your welcom Claire, I HAVE HAVE HAVE too tell you a story about my oldest and dearest friend. She phoned me a couple of years ago crying, My heart stopped I thought "OH this is BAD!!!" She said the following "I just checked my symptoms on the internet and I HAVE Uterine Cancer!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( " I asked her, the symptoms, then said "You DON'T have uterine cancer! You are in premenopause!!!!" She wouldn't hear it - we just had a dear frined of both of us who had passed away suddenly!!! She went to the doctor and repeated the same thing, the doctor said the following "You DON'T have uterine cancer! You are in premenopause!!!!!" She thought it was a conspiracy!! ;-) XD I totally understand your feelings about "What if?!" My mother had cancer 5 times before she passed away from it! And each time her doctor would say it was something different. So I feel the exact same way, No one cane blame you for that, it is totally normal! I will stand by my 1st observation, because younger and younger women are going into symptoms of menopause, and I am sure you are aware that younger and younger girls are getting their periods!!!

That been LONGLEY said ;-) Worrying does not help the situation either, our stresses and upsets in life affect out bodies SO much. Like I stated earlier is true, since your doctor did the major tests and swabs - which would show ANYTHING abnormal - you can relax! And look into buying a rocking chair for your front porch!!! ;-) XD Oh and yes start to learn how to knit!!! ;-) XD XD Good luck and health hon!!

Hi Claire! I see this has been a year ago. Have you had any changes? Find anything out? I ask because I am 36 and experiencing EXACTLY the same thing you described. Any information that might be helpful?