I had my Gallbladder removed this week. Last year, I had nausea, cramping, pain all because of 4 centimeter Gallstones that were found. I decided not to do anything about them. Time had elapsed, and I woke up early in the morning with severe chest pain. My blood pressure was also high. It was 155 over 113. I thought it was a heart attach. I went to the ER and after an ultrasound they found a huge gallstone. The surgeon on staff said that I needed it removed. It was blocking the bile duct. After surgery they showed me a picture of it, it was 1/3 rd the size of the gallbladder itself. I needed it removed. If that made it outside the gallbladder and got stuck somewhere else, than I would be looking at a bigger problem than the pain I was suffering from the gallstone. Just do some research...if left untreated, you can get severe medical problems, even death. Yes, I have to change my diet, but there are benefits from having a different diet as well. I have been trying to lose weight, and get into shape. Now I am forced to have a change in my eating habits. This is not a big deal! I rather be alive and in good health, then to worry about bathroom visits. Please do not avoid it, hoping that it will go away! You have one1 body and one life.....Take care of it, while you still can.

I just found out last week I had a gallstone blocking a bile duct, so I had an ERCP done, and developed an acute case of pancreatis. I had no idea it was so common to get that.  It has delayed my gallbladder surgery until I do not know when.