I know I have gallstones, I have about six and am told they are freeflowing. (not blocking a bile duct) I have a pressure under my right rib that is uncomfortable and has been going on since mid September and for the last 2 days have been having shooting pain into my right clavilce. My family doctor wants me not do anything (unnecessary surgery) wait 4 weeks and if the problem persist do a hyda scan to see if my gallbladder is fuctioning. I want to know if the symptoms I am feeling is related to my gallstones and if I should just get a second opinion?

Yes, I reckon these are gallstone symptoms. Are you paying attention to your nutrition?

Gallstones can be very problematic and when they block your duct you will be in much pain. Have you noticed any bloating in your stomach? This is called dyspepsia and it is one of the most often symptoms of gallstones. The right side under ribs is a location where you can experience pain if you have gallstones. So your pain under your ribs is definitely a symptom of the gallstone problems that you are having. You should not list to your doctor in this case. Four weeks is a long period of time and you can experience more complications if you don’t start the treatment immediately. Do you use any pain killers right now?
All the best,
Danella