I have had my gallbladder out december 07, istill have pain in my chest, whitch goes through to my spine, hot sweats when it gets cronic have had scan showing dilated bile duct, l ,f ,blood test came back small positive, m.r.c.p. scan showed pancreas ok and no stone in duct. i keep rolling around in pain on oralmorphine whitch now takes double the amount and over 24hrs to gain signs of relief from cronic chest abdomin and right through the spin pain, i cannot find anyone else with this cronic problem after removal of the stones and gallbldder.

See another doctor. Sometimes it takes more than 2 or 3 to get this right. You may have had something nicked or cut without them knowing. Or you may be dealing with a new problem, unrelated to all this. If your doctor isn't dealing with your pain and easing it, get another opinion. Extra morphine isn't good for your kidneys/heart.

I had my gall bladder out late 08 I didn't have stones I had sludge, now the same thing is happening to me and no one seems in a hurry to fix the pain I am in. The pain is like the gall bladder pain that goes into my back, I can't eat and with three children to look after I am struggling.

I am kinda in the same position. I had my gallbladder out in 2006 and then an ERCP surgery in 2008. I am still having bad upper right quadrant pain that radiates to my back. I can not eat and sometimes the pain is HORRIBLE! It calms down, but I still have a dull pain inside that I KNOW is there- this last time I even had a low grade fever. Myl blood works comes back normal but I am in pain. I know my doctor thinks I am exaggerating but there is pain even though it is not showing up. Anyone out there know of anything. When I first went for consultation for the ERCP I was told people can still have stones without having a gallbladder??? I just read it could be a food allergy? I have not eaten anything different? Please help. Like the other person, I have two children to raise and I hate feeling this pain. My husband thinks I am crazy? (what does he know??)3

I had a ERCP done twice before my gallbladder was removed, Iam in constant pain mainly at night, sweating and severe leg pain Iam at my wit ends with doctors telling me they do not know why. What do u do in a case like this I cant eat, sleep or live a normal life . Its hard to explain one minute it feels fine and then I eat a cracker and the pain is back , does anyone have answers.a

I have had the same thing, after gall bladder removal. A gastroligist found that my bile duct grew shut with sludge, because it is to long, which I may have been born with. I'v had a procedure done 5 times to clean it out. The first time was in 98. Then in 07, which had done 3 times in 1 week, to stop internal bleeding. Then just this year, 2012 3 wks. ago. It will always have to be cleaned out. Find a good gastrologist or ask for an MRI, which will determine the blockage. I pray you get answers and relief

Hi! Is it sick to be relieved that others are having the same issues as myself?! I wont bore you with the long story only to say that I have had my gallbladder out and I have had 2 ERCP and all the associated testing. My bile duct when scanned is always on the border of whatever they call normal/abnormal so they always seem to rule that out. I now have chronc pancreatitis but my original pain from my bile ducts does return (like at this moment). I have found that my diet does make a difference and that if I stay away from stimulants that cause my bile ducts to spasm (ie coffee my last vice) it is much much better. I don't get much relief from anti-spasmotics and don't care for pain killers much. The other dietary comment I have to offer is give up meat, all meat. As well as anything high in fat. It makes that whole biliary system work extra hard. And believe me I LOVE meat!!! But it changed my life when I gave it up. I am much better 90% of the time. I hope this is helpful. I am currently waiting for an appointment with an Endocronologist and hope that will help me with more insight on that whole system. Good luck to you and everyone else.

This thread makes me nervous and relieved at the same time. Just like everyone else, I had my gb out in 2011 and literally woke up with the same pain as before. I don't know if my gb was ever really the prob. I recently had a CT that showed the dialated ducts which I'm thinking now is normal after gb removal?? I am female, 33 years old, 5'6 and 130lbs very active, not obese. I don't eat great, but not horrible either. I have another appointment this week and I have a feeling they are gonna suggest an ERCP which I dont want. Seeing what you all have said, the ERCP gave you no answers anyway and when it did the pain returned anyway. I don't want to risk the ERCP causing pancreatititis which it can.

I am a Registered Nurse and have really been digging around with some local docs. I have also been researching like crazy and found a few supplements I am trying, one is lipo gold to help with breaking down the fat I eat and I ordered ox bile to help as well. I will keep you all updated on if they help me or not. Please update if you all find anything out on this "phantom gallbladder" pain.

Ronnie

Hi, I had a  cholocystectomy in march 2013 and started having pain a week later. I thought that it was because i 'd suffered for 3 months before the multiple lithiases showed up on an echo endoscopie....eventually!! I ended up in hospitalier for a week with cholecystitus and antibiotics intravenously. Also lost 20 kilos. Well to cut à long story short i'm still having pains and have been diagnosed with a residual Stone of 1.5mm in the common bile duct. I'm going into hospital tomorrow for an ERCP to remove the stone and a sphincterectomy. Insist on having an echo endoscopie. It shows sont much more than an ultrasound which didn't pick up my problem. It's really obvious that something is wrong if the pain continues. However some doctors just don't seem to take us seriously. Residual stone can be flushed out without extra intervention. But not always. Take care all.

I been going thru the same thing chest pain and abdomen pain and cant have a bowl movement so i know where you are coming from