Hello all, what a trip this has been. Two years ago,Oct 19,2007,I had my gallbladder removed, I had to have a hospital stay of 11 days before gallbladder could be removed due to gallstones trapped all in bile ducts,I was jaundance,and in bad shape. Finally after 2 ERCP percedures, and 3 stents put in me temp., the stones were removed and they were able to remove gallbladder. I have had nothing but problems these past 2 years. living in thre bathroom,breakouts on my face,(im 45) achey joints,muscles,weight gain, etc. I found out i
a few months ago i had hypothyroidism, so thought it was all due to that. ok, heres where it gets crazy.....I had a car accident this Aug,was rearended,and suffered some neck and back injuries. had MRI scans, and was told.....Do you kmow you have several stents in you? I was BLOWN away!!!! WHAT? well, guess what, Drs FORGOT to remove stents. So 2 weeks ago i had them removed, and still am suffering from even worse issues. I live in my bathroom!!! Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? Can the stents left be causing my problems? Thanks,K

My husband had a gallbladder surgery about 5 or 6 yrs ago and this pass December he started turning yellow (jaundance) and was sick all the time couldn't hardly keep anything down he went to the DR. and he just keep doing test and test and then he went on vacation for 3 wks and while all this is going on Ray kept getting worse so I finally took him to the ER and they admitted him, they done a MRI and seen he had 2 stents in his bile duct and wanted to know why they were there.  Well you got me no one ever said anything about them being there.  Here to come they had put them in when they done his gallbladder surgery and never said anything to us about it.  So now his liver has become enlarged Drs. thought he had cancer so they sent the cancer Dr. in to see him which he just flipped out over.   They still were running more and more test and found he had 2 stones lodged in his bile duct so they go in to remove them and tried to get the stents out but they wouldn't come out.  Next day he had gotten sepsis (a deadly infection) so they decided they needed to go in surgerically and remove them so they did and said they were so slimmey they couldn't hardly even get a hold of them and they had stones growing around them, Dr. said it was gross.  So with all that going on (my husband has only one working kidney) and the sepsis had caused his kidney to quit so they had to put him on dialysis and then he got C-diff (another deadly infection) was put on the ventilator and we didn't know if he was going to make it or not.  But he is doing good now and mending and healing .

Aww I really feel for you. I hope your husband is better. This is medical negligence.