From what I am reading here, a person either has a gallbladder that doesn't eject bile, or in my case, ejects too much all at once. My test results were: hyperkinetic gallbladder, with ejection fraction of 93% by 10 minutes. The tech administering the CCK said he had never seen any one get "sick" as quickly as I did. It was awful. Burping and dry heaves.

Most people who post here about gallbladder problems talk about having pain for years. I have had none of that. I had one attack that put me in the ER. Blood work showed slightly elevated enzymes and an ultrasound on the liver was ordered. Liver fine, gallbladder showed a .5 centimeter polyp. Hence, CCK HIDA scan followed.

I've only had one attack. It was really bad. Can a person be diagnosed with gallbladder disease that quickly with one attack based on the HIDA results above? Do I have any alternatives to surgically removing my gallbladder? Is there any other tests I should look into? Thanks.

This is a very serious issue and only a physician can know exactly what has to be done. Sometimes when the symptoms are acute, you don't have any alternative but to remove the gall bladder. In milder cases, medicines are used to dissolve the gall stones which is very effective method. In certain cases where the gall stones are blocking the bile ducts, ERCP is done, through which bile duct is enlarged and stones are removed. Also ultrasound waves or Lithotripsy is used to remove the stones. But you need to discuss it with your doctor. If you think it necessary consult another doctor as well for second opinion. Best of luck to you. I am sure there are others out there who have gone through a similar situation as your and will be sharing.

I had hyperkinetic too. But I suffered for ten years, It was awful. I told doctors it was my gallbladder but no one believed me, they said I was crazy and needed antidepressants.

Finally I convinced a doctor it was the gallbladder. Surgery was 9/6/2012.

It was adhesed to my liver and intestines. Final diagnoses: chronic cholecystitis with cholesteral polyps.

Every test prior: MRI's Ct's hida scans x ray's bloodwork etc all came back normal.

Surgeon was shocked by how bad it was.

Anyways if you have only had one attack then dont rush in for surgery. I will say I dont miss my gallbladder at all. The tests are a joke and you know your body and will know when it is time to get it out.

My symptoms were not "classic" I never had "attacks" Mine was chronic middle right back pain and front right rib pain. I was tired alot and often queasy. I burped alot and would wake up in the morning in pain.

I was terrified of removing the gallbladder after reading the horror stories but I truely am glad I had it out. I have no side effects at all and can eat now. I also have lost weight since having it out too so that is nice.

Hope that helps

Angel

I think there's some misinformation there. It's my understanding that medications to dissolve gallstones often don't work well, take a long time, and new stones ofttform. It's usually saved for people who are poor surgical candidates.

Find out from your doctor what your risk of blockage or infection is. Both can cause true medical emergencies.

Thank You for sharing. I have similar issues. this helps tremendously

Thank you for sharing you experience. I am experiencing the same too and all test came back normal ct scan, blood works, ultrasound my Hida Scan ejection fraction is 87% and I’m suffering will chest pain and RUQ I’m burping a lot and I feel my throat is always dry .

https://www.americanjournalofsurgery.com/article/S0002-9610(17)30061-2/fulltext?code=ajs-site

You will find this article helpful. Right upper quadrant pain ,hyperkinesia 65% localized with a completely negative workup yes indeed consider removing the GB.