I recently had surgery to remove kidney stones from my left kidney and a stent was inserted to help me pass the stones from my right kidney. I had had to go the the ER (I first called to make sure they would take me as I am currently uninsured) as I was in serious pain on both sides of my body.

The stent should have been removed last week but the hospital has cancelled my appointment as I am in-between jobs and do not currently have medical insurance. THey have also said it is not life-threatening. Is there any thing I can do to get the stent removed and soon?

Also, in case I can't come up with the money soon, how long can I afford to have the sten in my body without adverse effects?

How awful for you. I've had a stent in 7 weeks now & the pain is unbearable.

I think stents can stay in up to 6 months, after which they start to calcify. If there is a string hanging from your urethra you can pull it out yourself, otherwise you need a nurse or doctor to do it.

I JUST HAD MY STINT REMOVED AND WITHOUT DRUGS! LET ME TELL YOU ,I WOULDNT WISH THAT PROCEDURE ON MY WORST ENEMY SERIOUSLY..I CAME STRAIGHT HOME AND HAVE DRUGS NOWMAN !!! I PRAY FOR YOU GUYS.. AS FOR THE NO INSURANCE IM NOT SURE ABOUT THAT.GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU GUYS. I NEVER WANTA GO THRU THAT AGAIN I PRAY THIS STINT DEAL TOOK CARE OF THE PROBLEM MY KIDNEY WASNT WORKING RIGHT IS WHY THEY DID MINE.
SINCERLY LEE

****

**edited by moderator**web addresses not allowed**

I had three when I was 7 cause I have three kidneys and it cause a problem one they took out well I was under still one was a week later and the other was about a month or so no pain stuff except a rub on gel and that did nothing^^ lol the nurse couldn't get a good grip on it and was just hurting me so my mom did it she grabbed it told me it would only hurt a sec and ripped it out(great mom but scary as all get out when mad) and I found out why it hurt so bad cause it was a circle on the outside but a bigger triangle on the inside (still think a doctor thought that would just be funny to do) but it heals really fast and other than feeling really really wired I've had worse^^

I have read many forums about Kidney stones. I had one that just would not come out on it's own. It was small enough but they had to put in a stent and blast it . The doctor had the stent in it for over a week only for the blasted pieces to be urinated out. I went to his office to have the stent pulled out. I had strings hanging out that he grabbed and pulled the whole thing out in a minute. He did it with an even pull. The string was about a foot long and the stent was too. It didn't hurt coming out at all.

I felt instant relief about having to go urinate every five minutes with the stent in. However, spasms started because your body is trying to get back to it's shape. The stent opens up the area and the longer the stent is in the longer the spasms accure. I told my pain pills I originally had that day and the follwing day it was gone. One day per one week with a stent inserted for pain after removal?

I hope this helps someone who reads this. No More Tea, chocolate, spinach, nuts,and anything with a high oxolate counts to prevent any more kidney stones. Drink water 8 or more glasses a day like you have always been told. Put 8 pennies in one pocket and each full glass of water put one penny in another pocket. Helps keep count.