my fiance has had this surgery five days ago, and he has heavy bleeding in urine, and red clots coming out as well. Is this normal, and should we call his doc? ?

i had the Ureteroscopy sugery fir my kiddney stones and I am also still bleeding when i go to the washroom it has now also been 5 days and i still feel alot of pressure and pain...i dont know if it normal at all...i have been trying to call the doctor but no one calls back....i dont know i feel like i should go to the emergancy room to find out what is up...my doc that did the sugery told me nothing nor did any nurses.... 8-| %-)

I have had this surgery a few times and the private physician I had said that if I felt excessive pain or discomfort after 3 days or if blood was visibly present in my urine after the 3rd day I should contact him immediately.

I had the the procedure done yesterday and I am still in so much pain. I've also been bleeding alot of chunks. It doesn't seem to be stopping at all. I also had chills last night. I am thinking about contacting my doc tomorrow because my bleeding is pretty heavy...Anyone know if this is a bad thing?

I had the procedure done on the 30th. Only bled for 3 days. Had bad flank pain the whole time the stint was in. My doctor told me if I had chills, fever or was bleeding longer than 3 days to go to the ER. Was during the holiday, so if you can contact your doctors office I'd do so. Good luck!

I had surgery about 3 days ago they told me it's normal for bleading for few days as long as after few days, pee should be pinkish color but if I bleed thick with chunks then I have to call DOC right away and yes it burns really bad but i'm hoping it would slow down soon...

I had surgery 3 days ago and I pee constantly. The pain is like the worst bladder infection I have ever had. I don't get the stent out for another 5 days and I can't wait. I still see blood in my urine, but not chunks. Good luck all - I know what you are going through.

I just had my Second Surgery on the 17th and this time it was so different. I did not have the massive bladder spasm when waking from surgery, and my iv did not get inhiltrated. They also took the stent out and I almost jumped for joy off the recovery bed I WAS SO HAPPY.. My heart goes to those who still have the stent in. I was at the point that I would deal with the stone pain over the stent. I had the sent in for 7 weeks it was the most misserable time of my life. I felt so great after this last surgery and hope it will stay that way. Today a day after surgery I have some throat pain and stiff neck and some stomach muscle pains it is like I have done 100 sit ups or stomach crunches. I do not have the pain when urinating or any blood in my urine at this time. They did say this is common thu to have small blood clots. with the stent it is normall had it fo rthe 7 weeks while it was in. My heart goes out to all that have and are going thru this pain and discomfort and I am hopefull you too will be on the road to recovery as I am. So as long as the hemmroids (from the drugs and stent) go away and muscle pain goes away I will be back to myself in a few days I am praying. Take care All

Wow, this is my 6th stone in 10 years and I should pass it, soon I hope. Been though all that i have read, all will pass. Unfortunately when the pain hits, you feel as if it will never end, but it will.

Ya Im on my 2nd day with the stent after the scope and I have bad back pain just like a stone with heavy bleeding and clots. My toilet is a mess because the string from the stent is making me pee in every direction. I was suppose to deploy to afghanistan and the doctor looked at a ct from 3 months ago when i had a stone and not the ct i had that day done with no stone. So i am going through this for nothing. I agree with everyone id rather pass a stone then ever have this done again. My doctors caught that they read the wrong ct right before my surgery and did the procedure anyways even though they knew there was no stone and i was suppose to deploy to afghanistan, i believe cause the had student docs and they wantedto learn. I believe that was sooooooooooooooooooooo selfish of them when i am suppose to deploy to a war zone and now i dont know if i can because they jacked me all up.

I had this surgery done 4 days ago to remove a stone. I have passed at least 2 stones a year since I was a teenager. I passed 3 kidney stones the week before this one was removed and my doctor has no idea why I passed so many in such a short time. Right after the surgery I felt severe pain in my vagina and a burning sensation when I urinated. I was peeing a lot the first couple of days with lots of blood and burning. I was also very nauseous the second day and could not keep any food down. Today, day four, has been good so far, not seeing any blood and the doctor wants to take the stint out in two weeks. It's hard to believe all the pain you have to go thru to remove a stone. To me having one removed is much more painful than passing it on your own, but if it won't come out on its own it could get infected ad have a much more invasive surgery. My doctor gave me a medication for the burning that turns my pee orange, but it works. If you have this done make sure you ask for this as well as pain medications. I feel for anyone who has to go thru this, but make sure you have an someone there for you to ask questions of the nurses and doctor, because your mind in on the surgery and afterword the pain is pretty bad.

i had ureteroscopy on last thursday, now after seven days i saw some blood in urine(however diappeared after 3-4 days) and feel pain while urianating.
i dont know whether it is normal or not but yes doctor told me that blood in urine may appear for some days, i dont know that how long i have to sustain in such conditions but this surgery was really bad and also the spinal anesthesia was worst. :'(

best of luck.....!!!!! :-D

I had lithotripsy in June but a piece of the stone got stuck in the distal ureter, cuasing the need for a ureteroscopy a few weeks ago with a stent inserted and the string coming out of the urethra - VERY uncomfortable (I had it in for a week), couldn't sleep well for the whole week. Blood in the urine for about 4 days, a few small chunks but no flank pain, just a small pain at times fron the foreign object in the ureter. Removal was QUITE easy and virtually painless- It just felt funny when the doctor pulled it out by the string with a quick tug. I felt better immediately!!! Only some burning and a little blood when urinating, which went away after a couple of days but other than that- I've had no pain at all since. I didn't have to take any pain meds either. :-)

I had surgery yesterday, the sring from the stent is awful. have some blood in urine that went away for a few pees but came back. it's pinkinsh color, didn't really tell me much other than i could return to work when i felt like i could, have to go back on friday, hope i can work through the aggrevation of the stent, get stent out on tuesday hopefully it dosen't hurt, probably no more than the stinging when i pee.

I had the lithioscopy on Friday. They put a stent in as well. I found the stent to be VERY uncomfortable. It caused a lot of pain in my lower back. I could only stay up for about 30 minutes at a time and then have to go lay back down. I have dark blood in my urine with the stent in. My doctor called me on Saturday and told me if I really was uncomfortable, I could take the stent out my self on Sunday night. I figured my aches and pains would go away soon after. I still have a lot of blood in my urine and I keep getting crampy in my lower back and in my lower abdomin. It feels like when I have an ovarian cyst. I'm a little nervous about the amount of blood in my urine and I don't really feel great. I'm going to call the dr. today to see if this is all normal. I know what everyone is going through and I would like to wish everyone luck.