The stient was placed after Dr. went in to remove stone. This was second time he went to remove stone. He said that he found no stone this time but left a stient. He left a thread attached and told my wife that she or I could pull it out using this thread. I am not so sure about this. I now feel like I need to pee very 20 to 30 min. the thread seems to be the cause of this. If I get it moved out of the way I seem fine. Just not sure about removing the stient my self. I am upset that this had to be done a 2nd time and then there was no stone.

Feeling like you need to urinate is a common side effect. You might have some discomfort during removal.

Did the doctor say when you were to remove the stent?

He told my wife we could remove it by pulling the threads that are attached and hanging out. That just seems wrong. I have a visit for Feb. 2nd

That is actually how it is commonly removed.

You have to be kidding.. It doesn't hurt are what should I expect? Weak knees, blood, or just an unusual feeling.

I didn't say it won't hurt.

For some it has been described as having to urinate, others as a burning feeling, and for a few seeing stars. It's probably not as bad as the kidney stone pain and it's over quickly.

Just pull steadily.

If you wait until you get to the doctors he can give you something for the possible pain.

Thanks, it would have been nice if the Dr. had talked to me about this. I don't mind him telling my wife but I would have liked to have been told too. I just do not have too much trust in this Dr. He did the first surgury in November and told me that there was a stone and it was in the way and he had to do so much probing he could not remove the stone. That was a rough time. I was bleeding and urin was no clear. I got an infection so bad that I was in the hospital for over a week. I missed the 2nd surgury because of this. I went in for next surgury and after I had signed in they told me the equipment broke down. The 3rd time I checked in and they told me that he was not doing sugury that day. He did come in and they took me up. They had to stick me 3 time to get the IV to work. Just before I was to be put under he stoped it and said my white blood count was too high. By the 4th time it was a new year for my insurance and I had to start over. His office wanted $600 up front to even book the time. They finally took $265 and want the rest in 2 payments. I even tried to get another Dr. but they would not take over the case. He is now saying that I need to go in and have the left kindey done. I see him on Feb. 2nd and that will be the last I go to him. He even charged me to sit in an office to have all these book. He charged out an office visit of 15 min. I have never sit in his office with him for more than 3 to 4 min.

You haven't had the best experience.

I'm sorry your doctor isn't giving you his time or attention. Things do happen and equipment does break down. Unless an emergency developed, or he was ill, there is no excuse for him scheduling surgery and then not wanting to do it.

I never could understand 3-4 minute office visits either.

As to the string. It's there so they don't have to go in to remove it.

I've had kidney stones and I know what passing them felt like. I wouldn't want to pull the stent myself either.

Good luck.