I need information about renova ointments and creams, because I have heard opposite opinions about this product. What exactly side effects of renova are likely to occur? At the other side, I have also heard that it is absolutely effective in treatment of photodamaged skin. As I have certain skin damage, I can not make decision if to try renova. Please post. Thanks.

Mechanism of action od renova is unknown. It has been shown as effective in treatment of damaged skin, hyperpigmentation and roughness of skin. It should be used under medical supervision, along with sunscreen products as a comprehensive skin protection program. Renova may cause severe erythema, peeling at the site of application, pruritus and burning. The most serious side effect of renova is that it is teratogenic substance. I can not agree that it is absolutely effective against skin damages. Renova is product that should be used with precaution, risks and benefits of using renova must be weighed. Treatment with renova should last up to 6 months, because effects become noticeable at that period.