My darker skin has a very uneven skin tone with darker patches in places and I would like to try out a skin lightening routine. Many different treatment programs exist, but not having any experience previously I am unsure which one to try. What is best skin lightening routine, what is worst, what should I watch out for? I have also heard fake substandard products being sold in some shops so I need to make sure I am buying the proper product. Tips would be so much appreciated, would like to hear from other people with darker skin who used this lightening routine succesfully.

Thank you.

Hiya,

Easy for me to say, I know, 'cause I got light skin and an even tone, but yeah, you may like to be aware that skin lightening ain't exactly without its risks, yeah? Like, in the long run, that stuff can lead to premature ageing, not exactly something anyone wants. Also it makes your skin more sensitive to the sun, so you are at a higher risk of skin cancer, especially if you're not like really, really strict about sunscreens. It can also cause acne and even worse discolouration of the skin. I'd be real careful before using any of those skin lightening products if I were you...

I am Indian and Rosance X18 gel is what I use for lightening my skin. This was recommended to me by a friend for the lightening out of my skin and evening skin tone, which was irregular. I order it on the internet and within two weeks of using the gel my skin decidedly got lighter by two shades. I was also achieving a more even skin. Now I look beautiful and I could not be more happy with the results!!! Light and beautiful skin tone can be yours with this cream no doubt. I want to add that I am not having any side effects of any kind, therefore this cream is like an ideal solution and I will not use anything else.

First of all, I completely understand wanting to remedy blotches, pigment, and things like that. However, many of the lightening creams on the market are simply not safe — hydroquinone, for instance, is banned in many European Union countries. It makes your skin much more sensitive to sun, which has even been linked to skin cancer, and can lead to severe irritation and even dark pigmentation over the long term. It is still FDA approved in the US, but I would personally never use it without consulting a doctor first. There may be other treatments that are safer and more effective for you. 

Celebrity

Hey,

There is another thread about Kojie san soap here that I just replied to. You may want to head over there. For those people who are interested in a natural skin lightening routine that does not contain harsh chemicals that have not been proven to be safe for the skin, Kojie san soap, which contains the kojic acid that naturally lightens the skin by as much as two shades, may be a very interesting option to investigate indeed. In addition to lightening your skin, Kojie soap will also exfoliate and cleanse your skin, so you are meeting multiple skin care needs at the same time. 

Rosie

Many skin lightening creams contain chemicals that are not safe for the skin and can lead to wrinkles if used in the long term. Why not look into natural ways to brighten your skin instead? Yogurt is used by many people. It contains lactic acid, also used in chemical peels, and is very good at brightening the skin. Lemons and oranges also have brightening agents that will make you get a little bit lighter. If you suffer from hyperpigmentation or uneven skin tone, then aloe vera is another good choice for you. If you look around a little, you see that many natural treatments can achieve the same thing that dangerous chemical products do but much more safely.

These are the skin lightening products I have heard of that are highly valued by users:

- Meladerm, which is very well researched and contains many active ingredients proven to lighten the skin, such as kojic acid, gigawhite, alpha arbutin, and tego cosmo C. Very effective for age spots, sun spots, that kind of thing, but also overall brightening of the skin.

- Revitol, contains arbutin, lumiskin, allantoin, and shea butter. Will work for hyperpigmentation as well but is mainly used to simply brighten the skin and make it look younger.

I hope that helps and will give you a good starting point in your research.

I have had beautiful results with Ambi Fade Cream myself!!! This is a really popular product for dark skinned women. I went four shades lighter within two months of using it and all the dark spots on my skin were basically gone. Some products contain harmful ingredients dangerous to your skin, but Ambi Fade Cream is not like that. Actually it has hydroquinone, alpha hydroxide and vitamin E which are all safe ingredients. If you could see what it did for my skin you would be getting it, girl. Highly recommended.