I have a neighbor with some strange skin bumps. I asked him what happened and he said it is erythema nodosum. Since I have never heard for something like this I could not ask him more. Now I need complete explanation for this problem. Is there anyone who might give me appropriate info about erythema nodosum?

Disease erythema nodosum is characterized by tender, red bumps, usually found on the shins. Important is to know that usually erythema nodosum is not a separate disease, but a sign of some other disease, or of a sensitivity to some drug. The most common symptoms of erythema nodosum raised bruises on shins, fever, joint pain, or enlarged lymph nodes in chest. Young adults are particularly susceptible to erythema nodosum, from the symptoms of which may resemble other dermatologic conditions. A biopsy of a bump can usually confirm the diagnosis for this problem. However, the exact cause for erythema nodosum cannot always be identified. Drug-caused erythema nodosum can usually be diagnosed by careful elimination of the drug. I guess you are also interested into treatment for this disease. In this case, you need to understand that specific treatment for erythema nodosum will be determined only by physician based on the cause of the disorder. Therapy choice could include antibiotics, treatment of underlying cause, bed rest to relieve pain, aspirin, or corticosteroids.