Recently I started having problems with acne. My doctor told me that my type of acne is acne rosacea. I want to know more about it. I am afraid that my face will look terrible.

You are not the only one with this problem and I know that this not makes you feel better. However, you need to keep up the good fate and I am sure that your skin will be ok. Acne rosacea is a chronic acneiform disorder. It affects both the skin and the eye. Clinical findings are usually limited to the sun exposed areas of the face and chest. It includes mid facial erythema, telangiectasias, papules and pustules and sebaceous gland hypertrophy. Rosacea is characterized by episodic flushing of affected areas. During inflammatory episodes, affected areas of the skin develop swelling, papules, and pustules. The skin lesions are notable for the absence of comedones, which distinguishes this disorder from acne vulgaris and this condition occurs most commonly in adult life, between the ages of 30 and 60 years. The prognosis for this condition is good with ongoing treatment.