Health Advisor
During the study on a mouse model researchers found that a fat hormone that has ability to cause changes in metabolism may increase life span. They found that mice burn less glucose and more fatty acids in the period of fasting and it results with a less production of free radicals.

This may be induced by a hormone produced by fat cells, adiponectin which has ability to lower production of glucose and to stimulate cells to use fat instead of energy. Researchers found that mice had three times more adiponectin in blood when compared to control mice. They also had less triglycerides in their cells which indicated higher fat metabolism.

Scientists say that burning fats for energy instead of glucose has advantage because it produces less oxygen radicals that can damage cells. They also found reduced damage of free radicals in laboratory mice than on control mice.

This is a pretty old news, but I am interested what is done with this. This is interesting information and this can be our "elixir of youth". :-)
I know that this research was conducted in University of North Carolina. Does anybody have any news about this? Has this theory proved wrong or is it still at testing?

I think that this makes a lot of sense when you think about it though because if your body is accustomed to burning sugars instead of fats, then you will likely gain weight, have higher cholesterol, and that sort of thing. I think that if your body is always burning fats then you are also likely to be more trim. I think that this hasn't been disproven or anything.