Hi all,

I get restless leg syndrome at various times, and ive read everywhere thats its a neurological disorder.

But I tend to disagree (in my case at least).

Ive found that if I have a digestive problem (too much gas, constipation, caused by eating too much cheese etc..), I have trouble sleeping, and my left leg becomes uncomfortable and I need to move my leg to relieve the discomfort. Sometimes the leg slightly moves itself. At the same time I have restless leg, I feel a discomfort in my abdomen. If I take a laxative, the restless leg and pains go away after about 20 or 30 minutes and I can sleep.

And that got me thinking, perhaps the bloated abdomen is pushing against nerves in the abdomen area near the left leg and causing the nerve to "misfire" so to speak?

I tried taking mild pain killers when it happens, but Ive had no luck (I only took two Panadol tablets). Laxative is the only cure, but I rather not take them since I dislike the effects next morning, especially when I am stuck in traffic an hour every morning.

I definitely have had a similar sensation. Thanks for sharing.

-Hburg

i totally agree, have the same problems and always in connection with a too full belly.