For the past two years my right leg has been shaking on and off, sometimes quite severley, it happens when l sit and relax, but when l notice it l can think it away, it also happens a lot worse when l am under stress, example if my boss yells at me! It is not MS or Parkinsons disease as l have had tests for it. I had a MRI on my brain a couple of years ago inrelation to this, and the neurogoist said l had undiagnosed brain changes, he did not know why my leg was shaking or what was going on in my brain, he basically said if it gets worse come back, well this was two years ago, it hasnt worsened , sometimes it goes away completely for a week or two, then comes back again, it does not happen when l am asleep,

This has plagued me all my life. Lately it has been getting worse and it is bugging my wife considerably. It has been noticed at work and sometimes is disruptive in meetings. Previously my job was more mellow and didn't require too much of a concerted effort. Recently that has changed and there is considerable more pressure and the work requires a lot more attention.

When I was younger I had ADHD. I never took medication. I just learned to bring it under control. I think that by brining ADHD under control in my mind has caused me to exhibit this annoying leg shaking.

In grade school, I had a habit of leg shaking, as did many other students. I made a conscious effort to overcome the urge to shake my leg. Now that I'm over 50 and unemployed, I have recently started doing it again, after years of not doing it. It is different from what is now called "restless legs syndrome" since it occurs during sitting, not nocturnally. I believe it is a way of coping with stress, like some people bite their nails or smoke. Just a personal observation. Make yourself aware of what you are worried about.

You all exhibit symptoms of the Restless Legs Syndrome. This is treatable with dopamine agonist therapy / clonazepam / gabapentin / opioids. Go see a Sleep Medicine Specialist. how do I know this? Because I'm a Sleep Medicine Specialist myself.

I kind of have to doubt what kind of specialist you are that you cannot read that the leg shaking does not happen at night, and just happens when sitting.

Perhaps you, the 'specialist', should make yourself familiar with Restless Leg Syndrome hmmm?

in yo face!

I Know exactly what this is, I didnt before today but i do now. I have had this problem for years and years, My legs shake (both of them) sometimes violently and if i cross my legs my foot shakes. My feet shake in bed and i can stop them with fucus only temporarily before they start again. sometimes when sitting at tabels i shake the tables and people sometimes get annoyed, My doctor (obviously) didnt know what it was and dismissed it, but now i know. I got into, years and years ago, to porn quite heavily, a certain type of porn where I DEVELOPED a fantasy that i wanted to make reality but couldnt (and still cant) because it would of been unacceptable to my friends and family, maybe even me., The kind of fantasy that just doesnt happen in the normal world and so you become frustrated. Shaking your leg(s) IS sexual Frustration. frustration that is stored inside you because you have no real outlet, and hence shake. .. message to peachy bum .. maybe your name says it all lol is there something your maybe not admiting to other people? Is there something you want to do but can't? 

That was me but now ive signed up, It is DEFFINITELY frustration, something you havent got out of you, wether sexual or not, things that we dont get out of us but keep in collect and these thing cause shaking legs .. and god knows what else! lol

Rubbish I have sex with my bf everyday and he still shakes his leg. It's probably a learnt habit and having no parent telling you offfor doing has allowed you to continue with this habit. As was the case for me.

Oh my god my partners leg shakes too all the time recently. My partner is into porn too and swinging and recently told me about looking for a f*** buddy to accompany him to sex clubs because I disapproved and wouldn't take part. Needless to say I've packed my bags because it's too much and too hurtful for me to accept.

check your coordination being upper and lower body..can you run your ankle up your shin...ask your doctor for a neuro screen

I have the same problum with my right leg when i am sitting or standing does it ever go away and what is it called Thanks

try folic acid supplement (available at wal-mart"
)

I am currently experiencing the same thing. Did you ever found out the cause or the cure?

I don't know if you will get this, since your post is 3 years old, but i have had weird sleep problems, and now when I get nervous or panic attack, my right leg does the tremor, and I can barely control it to drive, then goes away.