Sometimes during sleep I get this jerky feeling in my leg. It wakes me up sometimes and my leg feels so stiff that I don’t know what to do with it, I try to massage it and move it and then it goes away, but it hurts real bad when it happens. What is this? How to avoid it?

The same thing happens to me sometimes. It used to be more frequent before. I don’t get it as much as I used to. I don’t know what causes this. It must be some kind of neurological disorder. I heard about restless leg syndrome but I don’t know if that is what we have. The definition of restless leg syndrome says that it is a neurological disorder characterized by unpleasant sensations in the legs and an uncontrollable urge to move. It happens at rest. I haven’t put too much effort in realizing what is going on with me because it was never that serious and it is not as frequent. The reason why I am not sure is because it is said that restless leg syndrome most commonly occurs in both sides and I have always experienced it in one leg only although it is said it could occur in feet, thighs, arms and hands. If your problem is more than you can handle or is becoming way too annoying, I reckon you should see a doc although there is no definite diagnosis for restless leg syndrome. Maybe it is something else.