Hi, my grandfather is having RLS for years, but now it seems as he has restless arms too. He is taking L-dopa for Parkinson disease, and I hope that it is not aggravating his RLS. Is it?

Hi, it is not easy to make estimations in case of alike diseases which symptoms are alike. So, taking about L-dopa involvement in RLS is very ungrateful. Some people refer to RLS as a general discomfort or cramping in their legs. It can be divided from Parkinson disease only by the fact that a patient can’t have rest and sleep during night, but tremor and trembling are characteristic of both of the diseases. Generally, over activity of leg muscles and arm muscles is based on the same biological process. And these activities, should not interfere with activity of L-dopa.

I am 27 years old with a 4 year old son and I have restless arm syndrome I think. About two years ago I kept getting numbness in my arms, a really bad burning in my back, and this feeling like I could not stop moving my arms. I thought it was due to the job I had ( I got stuck running a family dollar store. Unloading trucks by myself and doing alot of lobor for a little money 8-| ) So i went to the doctor bla bla bla ...... After about a year I ended up going through numerour hours of physical theropy, got carpool tunnel surgery, but Istill had this restless feeling. so i was put on many narcotic pain meds. For that and the burning in my back. Well I recently moved to another state and had to drop my job, my insurance, and my doctor, and of course my meds. For the longest time I thought that the restless arms were gone untill I weemed my self off the narcotic meds. Ifelt so bad that i wanted to rip my veins out of my skin. I tried everything lidocane patches on my arms , muscle rub ect. So after a while I finally find some one to insure me so I could go to the doc. After looking at me like Ihad two heads when Itold them about my arms they gave me sinemet cr(for parkinsons disease). I am not sure it works because I am on pian meds too and I am so scared to have that feeling again. dose anybody have any info to help me out?

Melanie
_[removed]_ %-)