hello, I'm new here, anyone around my age 30-50 have retinitis pigmentosa? I was recently diagnosed with RP, my vision has kinda not been to good the last 6-9 months...so just wondering if anyone else here is in the same boat......

Had it since I was in 1st grade....

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Yes i am im 17 and iv just been diagnoises with this and im worried :( what will happen to me????

HI,
Yes I just turned 50 which is a problem in itself:)...but was diagnosed 2 years ago...very frightening

My son was also recently diagnosed but I have been told that if the eye is taken care of propely (i.e. taking natural supplements, etc) the progression of the disease can be slowed down. I am hopeful that the same will occur for my son. Have you attempted to consult with your physician on any supplements that may be good for you? Hope this helps. 

hi,
I was advised to take vitamin A palmitate-!5,000 iu and Lutein 12 mg daily... also added Omega 3 (check out Dr. Barnes 's regime on FFB
Good luck

BTW -how old is your son?

Thanks for the reply! I have heard this as well - will begin to try & hoping for the best. Appreciate the response.