Hi, I need to find out what is DMSO? I have injury from football game and I have been recommended to take a DMSO ointment. Is it efficient for these injuries?

Hi, I suppose that you were recommended to take Dimethyl sulfoxide ointment. DMSO is a popular pain relief medication for pulled, strained, and sprained muscles. It is used for sport injuries including pulled joints, bruises and injured muscles. In addition, it is effective in treatment of acne, skin ulcers. Some doctors are prescribing it even for herpes sores. DMSO shows anti-inflammatory activity when applied topically. It can also help relieve the pain in arthritic and rheumatoid conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, rheuma and others.

DMSO is a solvent that you can purchase only at Animal Feed stores. They use it on horses. Bob..

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I was wondering if somebody has experienced this
medicine. Can we consider this as a common way of healing?

Thank you.

I have used DMSO has tendinitus and sciatic nerve pain with great success. But I have seen others with no results at all. It appears to be about 50% chance that it will help some people. It also works great for my grandmother's arthritis.