Hi, I will have a cataract surgery in couple of days. I heard that it’s not a dangerous procedure, but I’m scared anyway. Can you tell me from your experience how this surgery works?

Hi, I had a cataract surgery 15 months ago. I had to remove my contact lenses one week prior to surgery, because they could change some of the measurements that were taken before the surgery. I didn’t feel anything, because my eye was numbed. All I felt was a gentle pressure. However, I had to take medications for my blood pressure before the surgery, because it couldn’t be done otherwise. If you have a high blood pressure, tell your doctor that before the operation. My cataract surgery was very successful, just like in 95% of cases. That statistics tell you that you have nothing to worry about, you will be just fine.